The dreaded Adblue [emoji20]

Gooders

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hello all

I have a 2016 b9 a4 avant. Last week the 1500 Adblue message appeared. Got home added 10ltrs of correct spec waiting one min to start message cleared off I went.
Then after a 200 mile trip I got the yellow 950 till bill start. Check with vag com and had a pump fault which I cleared. The eng check light went out but not the yellow warning. Carried on home 200 miles and it’s down to 450 with pump low ox fault again.

So I think I’m in trouble like So many others. Added another 10ish litres ( must have the big tank) and the fault remains. I checked with vag com and obd and it says tank at 90% so I think that’s ok.

I have it in next week with a local vag team as Audi can’t see me till 21st June. I asked Audi parts ref parts. Tank inc sensor in stock £1400 plus. Module £750 plus nill stock.
He said it may just need a software update. Does any one know where to look with vag com if this is the case and what I’m looking for? And if anyone has had success with update.
I have seen folk getting a delete done. Any feed back regarding effect on car, costs and problems after would be good.

Thanks to all for getting this far on such a long post and thanks in advance for any help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vagcom may display fw version but won't update any.

I'm curious as the tank with built in sensor sounds strange, you'd think it was available separately to install.

I'll check etka when I have a chance as I'm intrigued now.

I asked if I could get just the pump but it’s tank pump and sensor only. I have tried to find out what the software version should be but no luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

After all the invest it defo needs a new pump, which means a new tank and because new tank will not work with old module one of those too so a staggering £2200. Not the best will be looking at other options.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does anyone know the MOT regulation around adblue? Is mapping it out of the car an option here for the OP if done properly?