2002 B6 A4 2.5 V6 TDI Quattro non start

marcus_a4v6

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm new to the forum and new to Audi ownership, I'm sorry if this has been asked a thousand times too.
I've bought a 2002 a4 2.5 v6 quattro Avant, it's the Ake engine, I bought it as a non runner, guy had just had it tested then something has failed and he was about to move house so just put it up for sale, as he didn't have time to try figure out what was wrong, he suspects the fuel pump but I'm trying to figure it out before I commit to buying one, I was told it could just be the EDC on the top of the vp44 pump, I've sent that away to a company I found on eBay, was only 40 pounds, it came back with a sticker saying tested and repaired or something like that but still not starting, apparently it's had the timing belt done recently however I don't know if it's ran since that or not, it runs on easy start but doesn't stay running, I've also tried drag starting it but still no luck.
Do these have a lift pump in the tank, is there a way of testing the high pressure pump, we have cracked off all the injectors and there is fuel coming through, I also tried a hand primer pump but after one press it wouldn't blow back up, any advice would be brilliant as I'm stumped, I'm no mechanic but Ive always done my own repairs and maintenance, taking it to a garage is not an option for me unfortunately
Kind regards Marcus

It's fuel supply related as runs with easy start, so ECU is fine I'd say.

Check lift pump, can't recall but usually under rear seat base & if quattro it's got 1 each side of the prop & some chassis have one in the boot just behind the seats.

Update, used the scanner and this is what I got, fuel pump it is then, that fix I paid for obviously did nothing.

Attachments

• PXL_20230520_163251826.jpg
    PXL_20230520_163251826.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 58
  • PXL_20230520_164431168.jpg
    PXL_20230520_164431168.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 60
Clear immo, see if it comes back.

If it's immo it will start then turn of after 3 seconds or so.