Paint Type for Correction

sohail1808

Reaction score
Hi to All,

Will soon be an Audi owner and am gathering some bits together for a full detail.

Can anyone tell me what type of paint Audi's generally are, soft, medium, hard?

Thanks

Hi to All,

Will soon be an Audi owner and am gathering some bits together for a full detail.

Can anyone tell me what type of paint Audi's generally are, soft, medium, hard?

Thanks

Audi paint and clear coat is pretty tough and forgiving. I love machine polishing and detailing Audi cars.

As always though start with lower abrasive compounds and polishing pads and work up if needed.

For dark colour Audis I’d recommend Schol S20 Gold polishing compound. Can be used as single or multi stage. Gives great results.

Pads wise , start off with Chemical Guys Hex Green or Hex Orange.

Reactions: 45bvtc, V6_Man, pelhamsdetailing and 2 others
Audi paint and clear coat is pretty tough and forgiving. I love machine polishing and detailing Audi cars.

As always though start with lower abrasive compounds and polishing pads and work up if needed.

For dark colour Audis I’d recommend Schol S20 Gold polishing compound. Can be used as single or multi stage. Gives great results.

Agree on the paint, pretty forgiving. Sonax Profiline Perfectfinish my go to, agree on the hex green and orange and black for a finish

Reactions: V6_Man, sohail1808 and Scotty75

Thank you. Already have pads & polishes, I mainly use Koch Chemie products all round.

Reactions: Scotty75
Agree on the paint, pretty forgiving. Sonax Profiline Perfectfinish my go to, agree on the hex green and orange and black for a finish

Hope you’re keeping well Nev ?

Reactions: NevMan and V6_Man
Good to see you both @Scotty75 and @NevMan and hope you are both keeping well.

Reactions: NevMan and Scotty75
All good here Tash , how about you ? What’s your ride these days ?

Reactions: V6_Man
All good here Tash , how about you ? What’s your ride these days ?

Not too bad mate, thanks. Haven’t changed any of the rides. I have thought a lot and decided to not purchase anything new for now.

RS6 continues to be the car for me but Mrs doesn’t like it. She likes SQ7 but it is a bit characterless for me. S4 still sits at a healthy 50k miles and gets used occasionally. Have gotten rid of 330d, well it did BMW on me when the timing chain snapped and I ended up scrapping the car. A3 is the new daily now.

Reactions: NevMan and Scotty75
Would love an RS6 …… just not the running costs that go with it !! Have to say, we do miss the economy of our previous A3. Lovely car , son in law drives it now and glad to say he looks after it

Still the S3 makes me smile a lot , amazing car. Hoping to give it a serious detail this weekend

Reactions: NevMan and V6_Man
Good to see you both @Scotty75 and @NevMan and hope you are both keeping well.

The Tash man, how are you mate? Still no RS6…shame on you

I have a Q3 40tfsi + Tech Pack on order. Cancelled order placed in Feb, as MY23.5 now released, and wasn’t in rush (1st order car was built and awaiting shipping). Only wanted car for Q4 time and looks like this one likely to be Oct-Dec, so ceramic liking to need to wait until spring 24

Reactions: V6_Man