Audi 2018 S3 paint/bodywork question

Oldfield78

Reaction score
Hi there, I am new to this forum and about to purchase a 2018 S3 sportback and just had a question about paintwork/bodywork on these since I am looking for one with original paint if possible. Whilst looking round one today I noticed on the front inner wheel arches there is no plastic/rubber protector towards the bottom of the wheel arch near the sill, if that makes sense - so I was wondering if the car had been painted. There was an S5 and an RS3 next to it which both had these ‘protectors’ on the inner front wheel arches (at the bottom, opposite end to the bumper toward bottom of sill). The paintwork however looked original. Wonder if anyone can send me a photo of their front wheel arch or any comments. Thanks

There’s no protector on mine, have had mine since new. My other Audis had a plastic film behind wheel arches on the doors. On cars with 19in wheels they have a mini mudflat thing half way around the wheel arch.

Thanks for your reply, yes it had 19’s actually and had the mini mudflat part you’re talking about at the top of the wheel arch. Just seemed strange opposite the RS3 and S5. Cheers mate. Mark

I have the Audi mudflaps as well on mine so that helps. Definitely helps the spray across the doors and wing mirrors during winter.