Aftermarket Wings

Mary

Reaction score
Evening All,

I'm new to car maintenance after relying on someone else to do it for far too long, I don't mind admitting I've no idea what I'm doing so apologies for the daft question!

The O/S wing on my 8L is rotten and I was looking to replace with an aftermarket one but the part number on the aftermarket one that I've seen ends in a B, the part number from Audi ends in an A...Does the letter make a difference if the rest of the number is the same?

Good evening Mary firstly please be precise as to what car you have A3? S3? year of car facelift 2000 onwards pre-facelift before 2000 actual part number in full! Then it would be easier to give you a more precise answer part numbers do differ for example different models as mentioned have indicator hole size variations and so on....

Hi MPH!

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I should have been more precise, s3 registered 2001.

The part number I got from Audi was 8L9821106A.

Reactions: MPH
No problem the one ending in A is for the S3 the other appears to be for the A3 I think I will enclose a link to ETKA online 7zap our usual parts site appears to be offline https://webautocats.com/en-gb/etka/audi/a3/209/821100/ you will be very lucky indeed to find an S3 one here is another link to Audi tradition in Germany https://shops.audi.com/en_GB/web/tradition I will look into it a bit more tomorrow kind regards Mark. S3 wings are flared in comparison to the A3 ones! https://shops.audi.com/de_DE/web/tradition/p/kotfluegel-8l9821106a-10#/

Last edited:
Hi Mary you have not been forgotten I am on the case right now

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Thank you!

I've found a couple on ebay but the wings are collection only and I'm hours away from both locations!

Please don't spend too much time looking for a wing, I don't want to take up your time!

I am a research fanatic lol so no problem I have someone getting back to me tomorrow he has passenger ones but needs to check on driver's side...

I am a research fanatic lol so no problem I have someone getting back to me tomorrow he has passenger ones but needs to check on driver's side....

I am a research fanatic lol so no problem I have someone getting back to me tomorrow he has passenger ones but needs to check on driver's side...
Are you really? Well, I know where to come for help again when I start work on my orange S3 8P!

I'm finding looking after my fleet (2 x s3's, a Touran and 4 x motorbikes) on my own with no experience in any kind of maintenance a bit overwhelming so I appreciate the time and help you're giving to help me out!

Are you really? Well, I know where to come for help again when I start work on my orange S3 8P!

I'm finding looking after my fleet (2 x s3's, a Touran and 4 x motorbikes) on my own with no experience in any kind of maintenance a bit overwhelming so I appreciate the time and help you're giving to help me out!
It's my pleasure to be of assistance we all had to start somewhere I will be in touch if any wings become available

Reactions: Mary