P256300 Fault When Accelerating

burol

Reaction score
Hi All,

Got the Issue P256300 - Turbocharger Boost Control Position. Firstly I thought is the turbo actuator, but I changed it for a brand new, calibrated and the issue remains the same. When I turn of the ignition the EPC light goes off, and when I drive without hard acceleration the EPC light does not reappear but I know the issue is there and I don't need to press the pedal that hard to see the light again.

After that I've read that it could be related to turbo generally, and someone with simillar issue had it sorted and it was a turbo leak. Did a test using OBDEleven and for me it seems fine, but perhaps any of you can confirm?

If that is not turbo leak, does any one has any suggestion how to proceed forward? The car runs fine, no limp mode, no loss of power.

Thanks all!

Attachments

• audi-chart-charge.png
    audi-chart-charge.png
    145.8 KB · Views: 106
a bit off topic but how did you get OBD eleven to record live data values so that you could graph them?

a bit off topic but how did you get OBD eleven to record live data values so that you could graph them?
The full graph was done in excel but there is a way of getting graph and then exporting data to csv. Car-> Control Unit -> Engine -> Charts

Reactions: 46lukasz
Morning, got the same issue on my Audi TT MK2 TDI S-Line. It's had a new turbo complete with actuator, new EGR and cooler and a new N75.
It has been fine for months since the replacement parts, but now it's showing the coil light flashing and sometimes 0 psi on the boost gauge. The coil light will go out and the boost comes back to normal, and it doesn't go into limp mode just lack of power. Error code P256300
Any ideas?