Retrofit audi a3 standard headlights+tailights to the led ones

Theo M

Reaction score
I want to retrofit them doesn't have to be the matrix headlights i just want the LED Is it possible?

Don't all A3 8Y come with at least LED headlights (bar the signal indicator). For rear lights, yes Technik and Sport trim have halogens. Or did you mean you wanted the fancy one with patterned front DRLs and projector LED headlights, and LED rear light with scrolling indicators?

Don't all A3 8Y come with at least LED headlights (bar the signal indicator). For rear lights, yes Technik and Sport trim have halogens. Or did you mean you wanted the fancy one with patterned front DRLs and projector LED headlights, and LED rear light with scrolling indicators?
Where I live u get the most standard headlights + taillights which doesn't look too good they are fine , they look like this

yea I have these, on Sport Trim in UK with rear Halogens. In some European markets, they have these headlights, but full LED tail-lights.

I'm trying to make the same, but no one have good information to do this. :grumpy:

I'm trying to make the same, but no one have good information to do this. :grumpy:
yeah sadly nobody has info ive seen people retrofiting the rear lights from halogen to led but never seen the headlights

I wanted to do the same as well. If we get the led headlights as shown below isnt just plug and play if you remove the basic led ones?
For the taillights i dont know because i think the basic ones are halogen and not leds.

Attachments

• FD075844-D6D8-456A-A648-8F6EA4566D01.jpeg
    FD075844-D6D8-456A-A648-8F6EA4566D01.jpeg
    115 KB · Views: 97
I wanted to do the same as well. If we get the led headlights as shown below isnt just plug and play if you remove the basic led ones?
For the taillights i dont know because i think the basic ones are halogen and not leds.
are these just plug and play the ones in ur picture? , I know ppl can code the Led headlights but u need a good electrician

I had checked with a workshop for the matrix headlights in Athens but they told me that it is not yet possible. I guess the only possible mods for now are the ones from kufatec website but due to the fact the above non-matrix with projectors headlights are not yet listed there it should not be possible to be installed for now.

In the meantime for some strange reason the Q3 and A1 upgraded headlights are available as an upgrade

are these just plug and play the ones in ur picture? , I know ppl can code the Led headlights but u need a good electrician
I think its plug and play i am not sure though. Also why would the headlights need coding? They are not the matrix ones. Could you give me your facebook or instagram i would like to ask you a few questions about your wheels in your car. I am from Greece as well

I had checked with a workshop for the matrix headlights in Athens but they told me that it is not yet possible. I guess the only possible mods for now are the ones from kufatec website but due to the fact the above non-matrix with projectors headlights are not yet listed there it should not be possible to be installed for now.

In the meantime for some strange reason the Q3 and A1 upgraded headlights are available as an upgrade
The ones i posted are one category before matrix headlights and one above the basic headlights like you and me and theo M has. I think that you can replace those basic led headlights with the ones i posted without any problem, i am not 100% sure though. the matrix headlights its a different occasion.

I think its plug and play i am not sure though. Also why would the headlights need coding? They are not the matrix ones. Could you give me your facebook or instagram i would like to ask you a few questions about your wheels in your car. I am from Greece as well

ig : theo_.70

Headlights are possible but the required parts depend on what the car has. LED to Matrix would require the least amount of parts. Just the headlights. The wiring is the same but they wont work until they are properly coded along with the other modules in the car. I say coded but mean.. Coding, Parameters, Datasets and at least some sort of manual matrix calibration. Fitting the lights maybe DYI but the rest needs to be done professionally. Used matrix lights seem to be dropping in price on eBay and even new ones aren't that bad compared to some other cars.

Reactions: Theo M
Headlights are possible but the required parts depend on what the car has. LED to Matrix would require the least amount of parts. Just the headlights. The wiring is the same but they wont work until they are properly coded along with the other modules in the car. I say coded but mean.. Coding, Parameters, Datasets and at least some sort of manual matrix calibration. Fitting the lights maybe DYI but the rest needs to be done professionally. Used matrix lights seem to be dropping in price on eBay and even new ones aren't that bad compared to some other cars.
can a car electrician do all these?

Has anyone done the rear lights from halogen to led? Is it easy?
Both are possible but its really costy for coding + fitment + the cable management for front and rear where i asked is about 2.5k euros only for their work + like 2.5-3k for the headlights + tailights alone

Can i reach you anywhere to chat?

This is maybe a stupid question, but is it possible to make this headlights do the dynamic turn signal? Saw I video once on YouTube where they made this happen on this type of headlight.

Attachments

• 1688046077368.png
    1688046077368.png
    145 KB · Views: 72