Audi A4 1.9 tdi B6

sean1521

Reaction score
Hi my turbo blow year is 2001 Audi a4 1.9 tdi b6 Iv changed the central piece and made sure everything was working like the vains and stuff put everything back together but when the engine is running and I rev car no power or boost with a mixture or white and black smoke from exhaust but I did checks like removed exhaust to see if cat was blocked but still no power so put that back on then tried removing the pipe to inter cooler to see if it was that but still same so I messed around and I took the two nuts off the down pipe the brass looking one going into side of engine and slightly pulled it open the power come back and I could hear the turbo looking for advice what to do as it’s first time Iv ever done anything like this mechanical

Did you get this sorted?
That brass pipe you refer too, is that the one going to the EGR? if so maybe the EGR is causing you the issue?

I'm impressed you've done a turbo having never done anything mechanical :) my turbo has been sticking on & off for years now & i'm too scared to attempt a swap.. and too tight to pay someone to do it lol