memory seat upgrade/retrofit

orpheus

Reaction score
Hi all,can anyone be kind enough to give me some advise? im looking to fit the memory seat function on my s4 b9 2017,as you are probably aware i already have electric massage seats but obviously no memory module under the seat or switch and trim piece,ive looked on ali express and they have the wiring harness and under seat module with slightly different part no.and for lhd but on asking they have said wiring and module is compatable.am i right in thinking i will need the seat control switch aswell as the part no. for that at tps is only different by one letter at the end.im more than happy to have a go at doing this myself or if anyone is happy to do this and i could help as ive done various bits before and also have full vcds.any of you guys could genuinly help?
thanks

Does the seat have a module fitted already, if not then it maybe a rewire of the seat, as non module seats are mostly wired different & you need sensors fitted to each motor also.

Does the seat have a module fitted already, if not then it maybe a rewire of the seat, as non module seats are mostly wired different & you need sensors fitted to each motor also.
Hi
my seat doesnt have the module fitted no so yep some wiring is needed yep,ive looked on other threads and no mention of sensors on motors on the b9 needed.although it does state the swith unit on the side of the seat needs to be changed.is there anyone out there willing to help,as i said im happy to help as ive done bits and bobs before and have full vcds
cheers

Hi all,can anyone be kind enough to give me some advise? im looking to fit the memory seat function on my s4 b9 2017,as you are probably aware i already have electric massage seats but obviously no memory module under the seat or switch and trim piece,ive looked on ali express and they have the wiring harness and under seat module with slightly different part no.and for lhd but on asking they have said wiring and module is compatable.am i right in thinking i will need the seat control switch aswell as the part no. for that at tps is only different by one letter at the end.im more than happy to have a go at doing this myself or if anyone is happy to do this and i could help as ive done various bits before and also have full vcds.any of you guys could genuinly help?
thanks

I had this added to the massage seats on my S5. When I originally looked into it I was quoted for a new seat module but it turned out the existing module was fine and all I needed was the switch, door trim and coding.

I had this added to the massage seats on my S5. When I originally looked into it I was quoted for a new seat module but it turned out the existing module was fine and all I needed was the switch, door trim and coding.
yep but my seats dont have the module being an s4,the s5 coup has em apparently

Old thread but yes you have to replace the switches. As well as the entire seat wiring harness. You may want to check dealer pricing on wiring harnesses as they aren't as expensive as you may think and you can get 100% factory. Unless your comfortable with the seller you've contacted as some do sell nice quality harnesses.