Audi a3 sound system, rear speakers, radio upgrade

Mulek169

Reaction score
Hello, I just bought Audi A3 8p, 1.6p, 2009, standard version, it does have Audio Chorus 3 mounted, I wish to upgrade radio to Xtrons, but mine is not Bose system for sure. I've just noticed that only my front speakers are playing, I can see speakers on passenger doors, but they didn't produce the sound on radio at least. Could they be broken or just dummy ones? Perhaps the standard version goes only with 2 speakers, or Chorus 3 isn't able to handle them all of them, no clue? I'm completely new to this topic, I would manage to swap radio on my own, but I'm not sure if it's compatible with my car. Any advice, thought on that, thank you in advance. Kind regards Daniel

Sounds like you've not got rear speakers fitted as that usually happens on SE cars with chorus units.

So it'll need wiring added & speakers.

If you're looking for an OEM install subject to your budget, then that's something I can do.

Reactions: Mulek169
Sounds like you've not got rear speakers fitted as that usually happens on SE cars with chorus units.

So it'll need wiring added & speakers.

If you're looking for an OEM install subject to your budget, then that's something I can do.
Not sure how to send pm here, well i could consider that, depend on the price, and your whereabouts, im located midlands, uk. Could you add speakers and make it works we the head unit i've posted earlier? Lemme know. Thx.