2015 A3 2.0T fuel pump error codes

Asp3ct

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Today, the electronics malfunction light kept going off until I got home. As soon as I got home, I scanned the car's ECU and I have the following codes:

• P3044 - Fuel pump Short Circuit
  • U1123 - Databus error value received
  • U0155 - Lost Communication With Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) Control Module
  • U0121 - Lost Communication With Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Control Module
  • U0101 - Lost Communication With TCM
I want to note that the car has been tuned Stage 2 with Unitronic (ECU and TCU) for the last about 6 months or so and I've had the occasional "Vehicles Electronics Malfunction" warning pop up for maybe 10 seconds max then disappear for like 2 weeks.

What do you guys think I should do or do you guys know what could potentially be the issue? The gas tank is nearly empty too so I don't know if this could play a factor so is it fine if I drive it down to the nearest gas station to fill it up or should I not drive the vehicle at all?

Thank you!!

Last edited:
Quick update,

The gas tank had about 15km of gas autonomy left in it so I decided to add some more gas to see if it would clear the fuel pump error. Surprisingly, it has not only made that error disappear but all the other ones too. Not sure if one sensor set off multiple different error codes somehow or something but I've been trying different things to replicate the issue and it hasn't happened again in the last hour. I will keep you guys posted if anything changes!