Brake Pad Wear Warning coming on after 500 miles of everything being replaced?

sbquality

Reaction score
Brake Pad Wear Warning coming on after 500 miles of everything being replaced?

2017 Q7 just had all new rotors, new pads and all new wear sensors replaced about 500 miles ago, the brake wear warning is coming on dash.
Where did we go wrong? What should we take a look at? Does that warning need to be reset?

Check the inner pad with the brake sensor wire, maybe the pad is misaligned or stuck to the disc and already worn.
I once went through rear right brake pads within half a year, because I didn't do a good job cleaning the brake caliper carriers and brake pad seating.
If the pad is ok, than it could be a loose pad sensor wire or maybe it was routed incorrectly and is chaffing against something.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Reactions: sbquality
Check the inner pad with the brake sensor wire, maybe the pad is misaligned or stuck to the disc and already worn.
I once went through rear right brake pads within half a year, because I didn't do a good job cleaning the brake caliper carriers and brake pad seating.
If the pad is ok, than it could be a loose pad sensor wire or maybe it was routed incorrectly and is chaffing against something.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
Thank you, it appears they did not properly secure rear pad sensor wire and it rubbed through on the rim, needs replaced

Reactions: Sibmets