M4 to fl rs3

danray1704

Reaction score
Hi all, previous member retuning,
Previously had an rs3 pfl, loved every min, currently in an m4 comp, great car can’t fault it apart from 560bhp and rwd is useless majority of the year and wanting to get back in an RS, i know the differences between the pfl and fl, but as a driving point of view are they a lot different?
also anyone else come from an m3/4 to rs3?

Whichever way you go will be a noticeable downgrade handling-wise FL less so. Can manage 530 in my m2 comp fine even with the recent crap weather just takes a gentle foot unless you want to just pin it everywhere you go. FL Tuned will also get you back to where you are power wise.

Whichever way you go will be a noticeable downgrade handling-wise FL less so. Can manage 530 in my m2 comp fine even with the recent crap weather just takes a gentle foot unless you want to just pin it everywhere you go. FL Tuned will also get you back to where you are power wise.
Yeah the power is manageable but like you say you wanna pin it in the wet you know you’ll have some drama I miss the pin it anywhere any time any weather of the RS

Slightly different I know, but came from a 2017 C63 to a 2017 RS3. Power was awesome, but not useable really - RS3 is so much more plant and go and I don't regret the decision to change. May have to go stage 1 soon though...

Reactions: danray1704
I know the differences between the pfl and fl, but as a driving point of view are they a lot different?
If I had a PFL it would have a RARB fitted, FL saloon I have not felt the need, if I did it would need a bit adding to the front as well, so as not to shift the balance too far. Once you get used to how to drive it IMHO they are fine. Getting rid of the Pirellis helps a bit too.

I know someone who found the same with the M4 but he wouldn't drive an Audi, Have you considered the latest Alpina B3? Best of both worlds

I spent over 20 years driving M cars with a gentle right foot in the wet, only caught me out once but that was enough and that is why my daily is quattro. Saves me having to think too much after a long day!

I do still have a couple of RWDs for entertainment though!

I’ve had an F80 M3 … really liked it but felt it lacked a bit of character. Mine was a non comp pack, in the back of my mind I was always slightly peeved that I felt my m135i wasn’t “too far” off the M3 and the extra cash wasn’t it worth it. It also sounded better. Only my opinion in my own warped brain.

The RS3 as an entire experience is streets ahead of the f80. Yes you can hoon around in the m3 but for 99% of my driving that’s not possible. I still think it’s fun to drive.

Reactions: danray1704
I wrote this review after owning an RS3 and having an M4 for a weekend 'thinking of upgrading' Worth a look if you fancy it :)

Be gentle :)

Would help to click paste on the link eh....