Lock/Alarm light test please?

S32B

Reaction score
Hi, can someone lock their car and see what the little red light on the door pad by the drivers mirror does please?

Reason: About 12+ months back I locked the car in the dark and noticed that the little red light stayed on solid for about 20 second and then started to flash every 10-15 second or so. I thought "I can't recall seeing it staying solid like that before". Anyway I just assumed it was because I used to have my mirrors fold inwards on lock, so I just didn't see the light behind the mirror!

Been to Audi today to have the window mechanism fixed under warranty (cars has just turned 5 & I extended the warranty last month :)) Anyway just got home and the light is doing 6 quick flashes and then a flash every few seconds....I'm pretty sure after seeing it that's how it was when new!?!?!?!

If so, for the last 12+ months something hasn't been right!

Thanks in advance.

Just checked for you.
When I lock the car the led flashes rapidly around 4 times then stays constant for around 30 seconds (this it checking the interior space and doors I believe). Then it fully arms and goes to a flashing state.

Reactions: S32B
Just checked for you.
When I lock the car the led flashes rapidly around 4 times then stays constant for around 30 seconds (this it checking the interior space and doors I believe). Then it fully arms and goes to a flashing state.
Thanks.

I left the window open locked the car and then put my arm inside and the alarm went off. I then did the same again and tried to open the door using the inside handle and I couldn't. I even sat in the car with everything closed and set the alarm, again I couldn't open the door and the the alarm went of when I moved....Prior to the change I could open it from inside when locked, which I didn't think was right!!! It's all working as it should with regards to being alarmed/locked, Strange how it's changed sequence and is different to yours.

Reactions: Buck