DAB problem after firmware update

Urhavinalaf

Reaction score
Hi all, new to the forum. I posted this initially in the A7 section but realised it may well be something a wider audience could help with...

Wondering if anyone can assist.... Just updated firmware/nav maps on my 2011 model MMI-3G+ It was still on original install so figured there would be much to gain from an update!!
That turned out to be a mistake as I seem to have lost DAB radio. The others bands work fine but DAB and volume for it do not respond. I just see 'ensemble 1' and no progression from there.

I've gone from version HN+_DAB_K0097 and 5.12.5 to HN+R_EU_AU_K0942 and 6.34.1
Does the omission of DAB from that command line mean anything does anyone think?

I had a couple of errors in the firmware update which I had to skip/cancel to allow the install to complete which I'm assuming must be playing a part??? -

ARU9440:0 error 131
KBD_FC7:0

Anyone any ideas for a fix? I've had a trawl on the wider web for similar issues but they seem limited to cab/soft tops causing wiring issues and various plugs working loose etc. I find that a bit too coincidental when it was working two minutes before the update.

I also understand a few don't really value DAB anyway but I just like things to work as they should :)

Thanks for any input!

Mike

Resolved in case anyone finds this in a search for similar issue - file or sd card problem. Put firmware file onto new sd card and worked fine.

Resolved in case anyone finds this in a search for similar issue - file or sd card problem. Put firmware file onto new sd card and worked fine.
I have same problem with aru9440. Can you tell me how you manage to sort it please.

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

Hi,
I’ll try to point you in the right direction as I know how frustrating it was for me!

Basically, the relevant files on my sd card were corrupted in some way, it’s worth a few attempts in case it’s just a read issue but mine was definitely faulty. The ’’popular and well advertised’ seller didn’t really want anything to do with it, regardless of his excellent reviews :-/

I found this thread on another forum, hope I’m not breaching rules by providing a link -

You’ll see my interaction on page 62

Its a very long thread but full of helpful guidance, from that I concluded that I needed to source those corrupt files, write them to a new card and install them in isolation rather than trying to install everything again. I’d already paid for a license so didn’t see it as any sort of breach, just sourcing replacement code. It worked immediately for me, everything you need can be found in that thread but whilst not being too difficult, an amount of understanding will be required in downloading files, writing to card etc. Obviously you need to understand and accept any risk involved in that but I can assure you I got the required results and have had no issues.

Message me if I can help further.

Hi,
I’ll try to point you in the right direction as I know how frustrating it was for me!

Basically, the relevant files on my sd card were corrupted in some way, it’s worth a few attempts in case it’s just a read issue but mine was definitely faulty. The ’’popular and well advertised’ seller didn’t really want anything to do with it, regardless of his excellent reviews :-/

I found this thread on another forum, hope I’m not breaching rules by providing a link -

You’ll see my interaction on page 62

Its a very long thread but full of helpful guidance, from that I concluded that I needed to source those corrupt files, write them to a new card and install them in isolation rather than trying to install everything again. I’d already paid for a license so didn’t see it as any sort of breach, just sourcing replacement code. It worked immediately for me, everything you need can be found in that thread but whilst not being too difficult, an amount of understanding will be required in downloading files, writing to card etc. Obviously you need to understand and accept any risk involved in that but I can assure you I got the required results and have had no issues.

Message me if I can help further.
Could be same seller I purchased from by sounds of it. Funny how you had same problem as me with software from possibly same seller. Its totally knackered mine. No way out of mine now. New amp from audi £2500+vat. Audio answer was bad firmware installed,lots of it about. I was supplied 3 micro sd cards inside sdcard adapters. Thanks for getting back to me anyway. Much appreciated.

Could be same seller I purchased from by sounds of it. Funny how you had same problem as me with software from possibly same seller. Its totally knackered mine. No way out of mine now. New amp from audi £2500+vat. Audio answer was bad firmware installed,lots of it about. I was supplied 3 micro sd cards inside sdcard adapters. Thanks for getting back to me anyway. Much appreciated.

The aru9440 file is basically the DAB driver. You can install drivers in isolation if you know which failed. Mine was only the two mentioned so not too difficult to fix, just a matter of checking boxes on a custom install from the new sd.

Id maybe post on that thread before shelling out £3k??? The guy ‘Congo’ is very helpful, even if it’s only for him to say ‘yeah, you’re f*£ked’ At the end of the day Audi aren’t going to go out of their way to solve it and try and save you splashing out, far easier for them to rip out an replace.

Good luck!