Auto box slipping in manual mode

MikeTV

Reaction score
I have a 2018 S3 Black edition saloon with approx 36k miles bought from Audi Edinburgh earlier this year.

it’s going into Audi as I’ve noticed under hard acceleration and using the paddles the gears seem to slip or hold on to gears or sound like the revs are falling - hard to explain really.

I have an OBD eleven which has shown the following:

- oil pressure switch 3 - implausible signal during engine operation (fault code P168C00)
- data us error value received (U112300)

Can anyone explain the above - serious / minor?

The vehicle is still under the used warranty from Audi so I’m guessing any diagnostic check will be covered and not chargeable?

any help appreciated

Sorry guys further to this I don’t think it’s actually slipping having seen some YouTube videos.

To replicate what I mean, if on the motorway in 6th gear you floor the throttle (without downshifting) there is a loud noise almost like when launching from a standstill - is that normal?

Prob down to my bad driving and not downshifting but advice welcome.

ta

Reactions: 147bear
Sorry guys further to this I don’t think it’s actually slipping having seen some YouTube videos.

To replicate what I mean, if on the motorway in 6th gear you floor the throttle (without downshifting) there is a loud noise almost like when launching from a standstill - is that normal?

Prob down to my bad driving and not downshifting but advice welcome.

ta
Sounds Familiar I just bought the same car last week mate 2018 s3 black edition, ive had 2 s3,s before but manual, this is auto dsg like yours and had to drive car the day i got it to airport to go to work away only being in car briefly that day the exact same thing happened and ive been at work here worried clutch slipped or i imagined it.:cower:
In 6 gear on motorway i floored it on outside lane the car done same as yours a bit of a launch noise and car dropped down a gear and off the throttle.
I'm guessing i was plodding along motorway a couple of hours in eco mode@70mph then floored it the car has reacted and dropped gear does this sound like the same thing?

147bear _ yes that’s exactlay it. It’s like your asking the car to instantly accelerate so not sure if it’s a turbo lag thing?

Only ever does it when flooring the throttle in too high of a gear at cruising speeds when the revs are low.

Its still under used warranty so may take it into Audi ….and brace myself!

147bear _ yes that’s exactlay it. It’s like your asking the car to instantly accelerate so not sure if it’s a turbo lag thing?

Only ever does it when flooring the throttle in too high of a gear at cruising speeds when the revs are low.

Its still under used warranty so may take it into Audi ….and brace myself!
Ok keep us posted mate,hope its nothing with yours, im paranoid now myself somethings wrong and ive just got the car:blink:

does it only happen when you go past the kick down bit at the end of the pedal?

So this is the sound here - watch from 33min 50sec, 38min 15sec and 41min 40 sec where he tests and mentions the problem that baffles him.

I’ve seen this guy on other videos he’s quite funny …his reaction was exactly like mine!

his answer here…

Last edited:
Reactions: 147bear