Audi S4 Acceleration Bogging down

APL 3.0TDi

Reaction score
Hi guys

I have a bit of an odd one.

My 2010 S4 (remapped) bogs down under partial acceleration when changing gear at around 4500-5000rpm.

It happens in all gears. Basically, when accelerating at around 50-70% throttle, if the gearbox changes up early, it's like the car bogs down quite badly for around half a second.

It is not the normal DSG "kick" you get, it is different. It only happens when changing gear between 4500-5000rpm. The changes are smooth in all other circumstances.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

I am taking back into AMD Tuning on Thursday for them to have a look, but any insight would be appreciated.

Other mods include a custom center resonator delete X pipe and a forge silicone intake hose.
I also have a solid transmission insert.

Thanks all

Antony

Are you seeing engine revs blip when the gears change in this circumstance?

Hi Dippy

The best way to describe it is when the gear change happens, the revs drop to pick up the higher gear and the car looses a lot of power, like it bogs down.

Check your air filter first. I had a bogging issue and it was due to a dirty filter.
Other things to check include cats and fuelling components like hpfp or injectors. Failing cats exhibit bogging sensation and lack of power at higher rpms.
Do you have a way of logging the car? If so, that will really help as you’ll be able to share info on how the cars running

Oh and it could also be a slipping supercharger belt

Thanks Suths

It's all sorted now

Took it back to the company that mapped it and they fixed it.

Reactions: Eric_RS6