HELP - Smoke coming from dipstick tube + egr cooler after EGR and manifold clean

cmal1001

Reaction score
Hey all! So i had taken my EGR valve and inlet manifold for a good cleaning, put everything back to gether as it should be and car started fine, but when i rev it i can see some smoke coming from the dipstick tube and also the area where the EGR cooler is (BRD Engine code) Have i damaged my engine? Or is this normal? I haven't driven it and i shut the engine down straight away to prevent any damage Ran diagnostics, no fault codes.. Please help!

Did you use new gaskets?

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Possibly just burning off residual oil and junk left over after the cleaning.

Reactions: NHN
Yeah was going to say that, but often people don't use new gaskets & get leaks.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
i never changed the gasket no! But the one on there looked to be in good condition!

Gaskets are crushed to fit & seal in original application, when you remove the part it's sealing, the gasket usually isn't as good, so it's always best to replace the gaskets.

Gaskets are crushed to fit & seal in original application, when you remove the part it's sealing, the gasket usually isn't as good, so it's always best to replace the gaskets.
ah now that was something i didnt know! I saw the gasket had a raised bit so that gasket is no good ill get a new one then. Thanks for the advice!

d502b63e99541664a6218e70852a6786.jpg

I did mention it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk