Part numbers for this trim

The_Ironist

Reaction score
Audi have damaged part of my bumper while carrying out a repair.

It’s on an S3 saloon the thin horizontal strip highlighted.

Mine is not a black edition and I had it wrapped black to look like the black edition one as per other pic.

Rather than them buying the light silver one and wrapping it again can anyone confirm the part number for the BE one and that it will fit the same?

I don’t see why it wouldn’t as I believe it’s the same thing just a different colour but the service person wasn’t so sure.

Is this thin strip a standalone part or will they have to buy the whole bottom section?

Attachments

• C5B80D20-9492-46FF-9CF4-D5C12ECB478B.jpeg
    C5B80D20-9492-46FF-9CF4-D5C12ECB478B.jpeg
    22.9 KB · Views: 89
  • A3AF639C-4317-4538-8819-77DC80D2319E.jpeg
    A3AF639C-4317-4538-8819-77DC80D2319E.jpeg
    17.1 KB · Views: 74
I’ve found this listed for a 2017 S3, hope you’re sitting down, prices in dollars so check with your local dealer for an up to date price.
283E6E16 DBAF 4F5C 8B3A 6341B3FCCCAB

By the way I bought a black edition diffuser to replace my grey one and it came without the trim and was around £150 from the dealer and came without this trim. I painted my silver one in the dark chrome and it fitted perfectly. I know the pic doesn’t look right for the diffuser but it’s listed as being for the sedan so it’s the saloon version.

Reactions: The_Ironist
Just found a pic of my silver trim part number moulded in to it and it’s 8V5-853-053 so the last 3 digits of the part numbers above refer to the colour.
2ZZ is chrome
RN4 is dark chrome

Reactions: The_Ironist
Thanks, helpful diagram, I don’t think 31 is the right part though, that’s the bit they originally damaged and replaced, breaking the other bit in the process, it’s the straight bit that sits under that part.

Looks more like part 22 but it doesn’t show the S3 one as having that part…

No wonder repairs come in so expensive crazy money for a little bit of plastic!

Last edited:
It’s definitely the part, I have a photo of the part number on the back of my straight trim from when I removed it off my grey/silver diffuser before spraying it the dark chrome.
DB3F9357 CFBB 421F 99F3 2666BB39589B

There are two parts to the diffuser on the S3 saloon, the main part and the straight gloss finished trim. On the diagram the pic shows the outside edge of the main diffuser which isn’t a separate part. I bought the main diffuser and is shown in my pic and you can see where the straight trim clips in. I also have another pic of the straight trim with the part number and description for a sportback. The sportback doesn’t have a straight trim. The part number I have is in the moulding I have which fits the S3 saloon and is the straight trim. Do not believe the parts diagram image as it is incorrect. Remove your trim and you will see the same part number that I have.

It’s definitely the part, I have a photo of the part number on the back of my straight trim from when I removed it off my grey/silver diffuser before spraying it the dark chrome. View attachment 259834
Thanks for confirming this, let’s see if I can blag a dark chrome one. Out of interest how hard was the diffuser to replace?

Reactions: stubbly46
Not too bad to remove, there’s a couple of screws on the lower edge to remove and then some strategic pulling. I didn’t remove the bumper and I’d seen a few posts where it was suggested you start at the bottom corners and work your way around. I was a bit cautious but doing a bit at a time and checking behind to see where the tabs were and some manipulation I got it off without breaking anything and the new one pushed back in a lot easier. I raised the back of the car up so I could slide under easily. And with the diffuser off it made cleaning the exhaust tips a lot easier.