Audi Pre-Sense (or something else)

Reaction score
Has anyone else had the Audi Pre-Sense or braking system cut in with no red warning on the dash?

Car in front came to a stop a little way ahead and I was still gently accelerating the car randomly just slammed the brakes on reasonably sharply but flashed nothing at all up on the dash?

Or maybe it was another system that didn't give a dash warning?

Anyone else had this before? Was nothing else in the road, no cyclists, pedestrians, etc etc

Not the end of the world apart from if there was another car close behind me he would have maybe gone into the back of me but there was nothing behind me so no big deal.

My work colleague's MK8 GTI had done this 3 times in a matter of days emergency stopped on dual carraigeway motorway B road refused to drive it after that and VAG picked his car up via a transporter back to the dealership he got his car back a week later its a common fault on all MK3 8's and 8Y's

Reactions: DangerMouseUK
I’ve had it twice today, going to overtake a truck, indicate and as I pulled out to pass it the car wanted to slow down, only thing I can think of is it doesn’t like big objects so thinks a collision is imminent.

The flip side of this is when you pull out to overtake and using ACC it floors the throttle like a scalded cat if the carriageway ahead is clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06 and DangerMouseUK
Like on mine today did you get no Audi Pre-Sense warning on the dash? It just applied the brakes and then let go of them all on its own with no warning?

Like on mine today did you get no Audi Pre-Sense warning on the dash? It just applied the brakes and then let go of them all on its own with no warning?

No warning.

It also picked up a 50 sign on the rear of a truck so the car started braking down from 70.

• Wow
Reactions: VAGRANT and DangerMouseUK
Good old Audi! Amazes me how this car was even signed off from an electronics point of view!

Mine did it overtaking in a 30 zone as the car in front turned left (no chance of hitting it) I nearly got hit from behind and flooring the throttle to avoid being hit did absolutely nothing (Car probably thought I had pressed the wrong pedal?)

Reactions: DangerMouseUK
No warning.

It also picked up a 50 sign on the rear of a truck so the car started braking down from 70.

This will be handy now that speed limiters are mandatory on new models.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: DangerMouseUK and 8YARWY