Another coolent sensor?

s3chris

Diesel powered!
Reaction score
Hi, Im pretty new on here. I've had my 2002 S3 about a week and it already looks like the temp sensor is gone. lol Good start. Yesterday the water temp guage stopped reading. Having a little search through the forum looks like this is what it could be, this sound right? Also feels a bit 'surgey' under light throttle when its cold, oh and it feels nowhere near as quick as my 200sx :crying:. So i think it might be chip time come payday. :eyebrows:

Chris.

I appear to have fixed it. Took the connector to the coolent sensor off and then put it back on and made shure it was seated properly. and hey presto, temp guage is working again. lol. Think i will be keeping an eye on it though.
Don't know if its a placebo effect but it appears to pull a little harder as well. :o.k:

That's really wierd, I did exactly the same thing to mine, although I took the whole thing out and then put it back in again. Issue only went away for a couple of weeks, then was back worse than ever. Swapping it for a new one made such a difference, best £20 I ever spent (especially at a stealers).