New Car issues

SJon

Reaction score
Hi All.

I just got a 2007 A4 B7 TDI Quattro 170. A couple of issues have shown themselves since driving it home. Nothing showing on the OBD. I think it was probably wiped. It's a lovely-looking car, dark metallic blue with a bling package, but not S-Line. I've got a few questions:
- The cruise control doesn't work. Looking through here, it seems most likely that the top clutch switch is faulty, so I've ordered a new one for a tenner. Should be pretty simple to replace.
- The car is low on power until about 2k, then the boost kicks in. The car has switched into limp home mode 3 times after the glow plug lamp kicked in. I've read here that the problem is likely the inlet manifold actuator, so I've ordered a new one; I'll get a set of gaskets because it looks like I need to remove the EGR and Inlet Manifold to get to it. These are likely clogged, so I'll take the opportunity to clean them out while I'm at it.
Can someone direct me to a video of doing this?
- The car has folding mirrors, but only when the ignition is on, and then I just turn the switch in the driver's armrest to 6 o'clock. Realistically this means I'll never use it.
Is it possible to aftermarket fit a kit so that the mirrors fold when you lock the door or turn the engine off and then unfold when you do the opposite?
- The car has the original Audi Navigation Plus stereo. I want to fit an android system that I found on eBay. I had a bit of luck with these in my last car with a permanent OBD and tyre pressure sensors, and I prefer Google Maps for Navigation.
Is there anything special I need to hook this up to the Bose amplifier?

Lot's of questions. But I'm really happy with this car. The bodywork is fantastic, I've had a Quattro before, love these cars.

Reactions: tr7
Folding mirrors on the B7 are manual operated only , I retrofitted them to my car but only close/open by the switch.

Reactions: SJon