Engine Oil Suggestions

Alexy-63

Reaction score
Should I just buy directly from an authorized dealer or is there actually no harm in getting it from third party sellers like Amazon, Halfords, ML Performance etc.?

Screenshot 20211130 093201 Chrome

Reactions: Alexy-63
Tbh there's also allot of fake oil on the market, so I would go with dealer, Halfords & Opie Oils is another company that appears reliable.

Reactions: Alexy-63
Tbh there's also allot of fake oil on the market, so I would go with dealer, Halfords & Opie Oils is another company that appears reliable.
Thanks for the recommendations, quite new to this whole DIY thing I normally just let the dealer settle everything for me but my pocket demands otherwise this time around!

Was looking at both Halfords and Opie Oils but they both do not seem to have Liqui Moly, these seem to be the cheapest I could find:

Amazon product

Any experience with ML as they seem to be the cheapest but I've never bought from them before?

Would you also recommend Cera Tec as I've heard people recommend that to go along too?

Can't say about those as tbh mate, I only use Edge given how important it is.

Thanks for the recommendations, quite new to this whole DIY thing I normally just let the dealer settle everything for me but my pocket demands otherwise this time around!

Was looking at both Halfords and Opie Oils but they both do not seem to have Liqui Moly, these seem to be the cheapest I could find:

Amazon product

Any experience with ML as they seem to be the cheapest but I've never bought from them before?

Would you also recommend Cera Tec as I've heard people recommend that to go along too?

I've been getting most of my parts from ml performance so I'd say they're reliable, my friends with bmws use them too, no issues so far.

Can't say about those as tbh mate, I only use Edge given how important it is.

Edge would certainly be something I would be considering too, although after watching the videos above I am now having second thoughts about these oil brands! :wtf:

I've been getting most of my parts from ml performance so I'd say they're reliable, my friends with bmws use them too, no issues so far.
Thanks for the reply pal, was looking at their website and prices were really competitive so may give it a shot - if you happen to have any discount codes let me know ;)

Oil is all about who wants to spend the most on advertising a very average product .

Screenshot 20220715 072547 Chrome

Lewis hamilton mercedes w12 an

Oil is all about who wants to spend the most on advertising a very average product .

View attachment 256778

View attachment 256779
Ha you probably make a good point, I also see Petronas there - a tad smaller marketing budget I reckon.

I've just pulled the trigger with Liqui Moly (still cant make myself go for Amazon Basics lol) over with the lads at ML Performance, thanks for all the help and advice guys!!

Could there be an argument that there are oils which meet the requirements and those that exceed the requirements? Although how do we know which does which and how do they each compare after thousands of miles in the rather hostile environment of an engine?

Same for oil additives etc, there seems to be little in the way of thorough long-term testing and results to prove any of the claims.