Recommend me some mods for my A3

EllDee98

Reaction score
Hello!

I have a 2013 A3 8V Sport, 1.8TFSI FWD. It’s currently 180bhp and does 0-60 in just over 7 seconds. I’m looking to get as close to 300bhp as possible without a new turbo and also want to improve handling on tight corners etc.

Where should I start, and what would I need to get my desired outcome?

Hello!

I have a 2013 A3 8V Sport, 1.8TFSI FWD. It’s currently 180bhp and does 0-60 in just over 7 seconds. I’m looking to get as close to 300bhp as possible without a new turbo and also want to improve handling on tight corners etc.

Where should I start, and what would I need to get my desired outcome?
A stage 1 map should provide massive gains on that engine/turbo.
180 to 240 bhp and 250 to 370NM torque.
Even with this power/torque and FWD, your skiddy light will always be flashing. Any more could be unmanageable.

A stage 1 map should provide massive gains on that engine/turbo.
180 to 240 bhp and 250 to 370NM torque.
Even with this power/torque and FWD, your skiddy light will always be flashing. Any more could be unmanageable.
Thanks for your response, I have been looking into stage 1.
I was planning to go a bit further than that but will see how manageable it is with stage 1 first.
Could you recommend any supporting mods for a stage 1 tune?

If you are planning to go that high on the bhp, I’d recommend a brake and suspension upgrade to start. Some S3 brakes should do the trick.

Reactions: Mick3
If you have deep pockets then you can add Wavetrac limited slip differential for better handling and traction (around £3300 fitted). I've got FWD 2.0TFSI and now looking for an S3 as it's not worth to modify the A3 due to the traction issues. Unfortunately 80% of the S3's on the market are poorly spec'd.

Sent from my XQ-AT51 using Tapatalk