Scraping sound from front passenger side wheel when turning left

knut

Reaction score
Hi
I bought a Audi A3 from 1999 not too long ago. and while I can certainly not say its been a faultless experience. its been alright.
however. a few days ago I was out driving and heard a fairly loud scraping sound coming from somewhere on the car. investigating more today, I found its coming from the passenger side front wheel.
the noise is only present when the steering wheel is turned all the way over to the left. simply rotating the break disk by hand will produce the sound. so i know its not the tire scraping up against anything.
I haven't noticed anything different in the way the car handles nor does there seem to by any play in the wheel hub. the disk rotates right and left and that's about the only movement in it.
I bought the thing for 10k NOK (around 1000$) and it was lowered when I bought it. (I've replaced the suspension with normal stock ones since) so I'm not exactly expecting this thing to last for eons. but does anyone have any idea of what this could possibly be? is it something I should worry about?

many thanks in advance

Stone between the disc and pads or maybe the cv joint boot is split and crud is in there, or bearing is failing !!