Scorpion downpipe and sports cat

jamessss_S3

Reaction score
Hi, I’m looking into getting a downpipe for my Audi S3 and was wondering how much difference in sound it actually makes and if it’s worth it or not, thanks…
1fe66c907ddfc02107e1bff8a1ef57c5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From various online videos it does make some difference in sound especially if you combine it with a resonator delete as well.
A lot of videos I've seen around resonator deletes also did mention that they had custom downpipes and what not so it would get louder.

Reactions: jamessss_S3
Hi James,

Have you had your resonator box removed yet?

I started by opening my exhaust valves permanently which improved the sound somewhat but still not enough (for me).

I then decided to go for a res delete which I had fitted 2 days ago. Honestly, with the valves permanently open and the res delete fitted, it was louder than my old straight piped Clio 182. Quite intrusive actually... I have since put the valves back to normal so they are closed between 1-3rpm and I love the sound now.

The DSG farts are more like mini explosions under heavy throttle. The burble is lovely and lasts a lot longer on overrun. And the overall note is significantly deeper and you can hear a slight burbleish tone when moving slowly. Sounds great at idle in Dynamic and S mode mode!

If you haven't done this mod already then it's well worth it and will cost you peanuts. I got a used anti drone pipe for £80 and paid £30 for fitting.

Hi James,

Have you had your resonator box removed yet?

I started by opening my exhaust valves permanently which improved the sound somewhat but still not enough (for me).

I then decided to go for a res delete which I had fitted 2 days ago. Honestly, with the valves permanently open and the res delete fitted, it was louder than my old straight piped Clio 182. Quite intrusive actually... I have since put the valves back to normal so they are closed between 1-3rpm and I love the sound now.

The DSG farts are more like mini explosions under heavy throttle. The burble is lovely and lasts a lot longer on overrun. And the overall note is significantly deeper and you can hear a slight burbleish tone when moving slowly. Sounds great at idle in Dynamic and S mode mode!

If you haven't done this mod already then it's well worth it and will cost you peanuts. I got a used anti drone pipe for £80 and paid £30 for fitting.

Yeah I’ll defo look into it, I’ll start with a red delete for sure then go from there, thanks :))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JakeUK
I have the Scorpion sports cat fitted to my S3 and it has made the exhaust louder, the rest of the system is stock. I did it for performance gains as I have a stage 2 tune. When the valves are closed, the system is still quite sedate but louder on full chatt. I personally wouldn't want it any louder.

One more note to make is the downpipe is a PITA diy install as the car needs to be quite high off the ground.

You also need a remap if you install a sports cat, I believe, or the ecu won't be happy and will throw up errors.