Heko wind deflectors- manufacturing issue ?

Davill9

Reaction score
Has anyone else had an issue with the moulding when manufactured, of the heko wind deflectors …

the issue I have is the passenger side moulding has,
(where the logo is at far back b pillar section)
Got what looks like an air bubble when moulded.
this doesn’t look as bad as it is in pictures attached and it looks like from a distance, like a really bad pin dent in metal bodywork if you know what I mean.

my question is- has anyone else had an issue like this or is it a one off moulding fault/ manufacturing issue?

it is fine on driver’s side. It is only on passenger’s side but so visible it annoys me already and only been fitted for a few hrs so far.
44B39C6E 2C50 4E25 85B0 FC711B4DEBDD
B449BA98 924D 4A0D AF49 EB61757DA161
E700F416 026D 4A1B 9BB1 212C6B044957
9DC24723 1400 442D 97A4 84171AB91BE3

and the drivers side with no real issues - (what it should look like) -
EE0334E2 C758 42E6 8F59 D1E4386BC67F

Tbh given the cost, I wouldn't expect anything different & imho from usage they are awful looking & fitment affects window closure one touch & folding mirrors of a certain year range, for me I'd binned as soon as I fitted.

Reactions: No more and 8YARWY
It’s just I got so sick of driving with a half a blue roll on my door rest all the time when it rains
We’ll atm when doesn’t it rain … it drips down the door onto the ally trim and is starting to make it corrode plus the switches get soaked if I didn’t and I’m always getting wet when I go round a right hand corner

I’m told it’s normal on s3s but my Passat b6 r36 shape never did it and almost same design/shape
Anyways I figured—-
something had to be done- not my first choice mate but - oh and I do have the window open a bit most of the time when driving I should add.
don’t know why… probably habit from when I smoked lol

Reactions: NHN
Tbh I used to years ago have the window open all the time not in an Audi & my work colleagues used to sit there with fat jackets on cause it was so cold & I didn't smoke lol, but did have some fun nights out.

• Haha
Reactions: Davill9
Tbh given the cost, I wouldn't expect anything different & imho from usage they are awful looking & fitment affects window closure one touch & folding mirrors of a certain year range, for me I'd binned as soon as I fitted.
Would you recommend any others, or you're saying deflectors are crap overall?