Fog Light for Pre-Face lift Audi S4 B5 Avant.

johnboy1973

Reaction score
Dear all

Newb to the S4, I have a 1998 Pre-Face lift, and after some fog lamps, and the car doesn't have them fitted, so I don't know the part number.

Any advice, such as the par number, and if they can still be bought etc, I would appreciate it.

cheers

John

For a part numbers 7zap is an excellent site.

It’s highly unlikely new genuine items will still be available so if you were looking to buy something new/aftermarket try autodoc. They list a variety of fog lamps for my S4 but it’s a facelift so you’d need to stick your reg in and see what comes up.

if you’d rather buy a genuine used part, there are a couple of good UK B5 Facebook pages, always people breaking cars. Try UK B5 RS4/S4 Owners Club or Audi A4 S4 RS4 B5 Owners UK group.

Hi thanks for the message, not bothered about genuine, but need to to mount to the bumper. I bought some based on my reg number, but they arrived face lift I assume, as they have 3 mount holes.

Cheers

John

For a part numbers 7zap is an excellent site.

It’s highly unlikely new genuine items will still be available so if you were looking to buy something new/aftermarket try autodoc. They list a variety of fog lamps for my S4 but it’s a facelift so you’d need to stick your rat comes up.

if you’d rather buy a genuine used part, there are a couple of good UK B5 Facebook pages, always people breaking cars. Try UK B5 RS4/S4 Owners Club or Audi A4 S4 RS4 B5 Owners UK group.

7zap in have used, but for some reason it's not working in my laptop ATM.

Hi thanks for the message, not bothered about genuine, but need to to mount to the bumper. I bought some based on my reg number, but they arrived face lift I assume, as they have 3 mount holes.

Cheers

John

Everything you need for the pre facelift. However getting hold of the brackets if not already fitted will be difficult.

Are these them..
dgmWZC3JCM1NHIUaAlNqEALw_wcB%253Bpt%253A1%253Bchoc%253A2&customid=s%3AGS%3Bgc%3ACj0KCQjwheyUBhD-ARIsAHJNM-MezOUWsVSUxOnVFwihmiGiOrus52MSMnJUN4eedgmWZC3JCM1NHIUaAlNqEALw_wcB%3Bpt%3A1%3Bchoc%3A1

As if so they are used on lambos, which doesn't bare well lol

That link does not work. Fog lights mount to the bumper on the facelift B5. They don't have a separate bracket.

IMG 20220601 165458 1 After checking my Fog Lamp fitting, this doesn't look like the one referenced in item3 above? Could it be I have a different bumper or have the mounts been changed, as you can see the old fog lamp attached to the rusty bolts above?

That I don't know. However etka doesn't give 100% accurate diagrams. So I would not go off the etka drawings

I appreciate that, but the picture of fog light I think I need has no method of attaching to my bumper.

cheers

John

I have a pre facelift B5 but that does not have front fog lights, never looked into fitting them so I'm not sure. I can only tell you what ETKA is telling me. I don't even know if that bracket mounts to the bumper or the bodywork of the car but I'm guessing the bumper.

Thanks for the advice. On my car the mount is attached to the bumper, and I can see where the old fog lights were mounted but we're broken. Cheers

Thanks, everyone for the advice, but I decided as I would have to do some messing around, id try an aftermarket solution, not ideal. but gets me where I want to be. I have forking foglights that look OEM ish.

Attachments

• IMG_20220607_120150.jpg
    IMG_20220607_120150.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 91