Audi A3 8V High rear camera retrofit

Bleutiger

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I have fitted a genuine rear camera on my Audi A3 8v and I was able to get it to display on the infotainment display by using VCP Pro.

The one thing I can’t do is calibrate it.

can VCP Pro calibrate the camera or do I need to use some other type of software to do it?

Thanks in advance.

You cant just calibrate a camera with VCP or VCDS. You need a distance laser and/or VAS AND most important thing is (not sure what it's called) you'll need a board where the camera can calibrate to.. Something like below.

You can buy them (not cheap) or make them yourselves. Obviously going to be a PITA to get the measurements rights..

Good luck.

You cant just calibrate a camera with VCP or VCDS. You need a distance laser and/or VAS AND most important thing is (not sure what it's called) you'll need a board where the camera can calibrate to.. Something like below.

You can buy them (not cheap) or make them yourselves. Obviously going to be a PITA to get the measurements rights..

Good luck.

View attachment 255102

I have one of them boards already, I just need to know what software I can use to do it.

I have one of them boards already, I just need to know what software I can use to do it.
  • Calibration Device (VAS 6350) and Distance Laser (VAS 6350/2) positioned as described in the factory repair manual.
  • Vehicle must be standing on a firm and even surface.
  • Make sure no persons are being/working in/on the vehicle while performing the calibration.
  • Do not move the vehicle and do not operate the vehicle doors while performing the calibration.
  • Rear Lid must be closed.
  • Front Wheels straight, Steering Angle Sensor (G85) close to 0.0 °.
  • Ignition must be ON, Engine must NOT be running, you may connect a charger to keep the system voltage up.
  • Back-Up Camera active and the MMI shows Back-Up Camera Video Signal.
  • Make sure you do NOT have light reflections on the Calibration Device (VAS 6350).
  • For vehicles with Level Control, set the Hight to automatic.

The above is for the Touareg, but I'd reckon it's quite the same for the A3.

The OEM camera is very close to true, even straight out of the box. Minimal change when calibrated and not really worth the effort. The only annoyance is the message in VCDS or other scan tool that it isn’t calibrated.

Hi All

I have an audi q3 2021 with front and rear sensors. Trying to add an aftermarket reverse camera however I cant seem to get the coding correct. MMI display shows ops display with bottom settings icon to toggle the camera on and off but not responsive, pdc volume and to turn off ops display. Display remains the same without changing into reverse camera

I am using obdeleven for coding

I have changed the specific modules, 5f - Activate camera, telematics - activate parking assist, gateway - installation list

Attachments

• 43260-aps-advance-rueckfahrkamera-fuer-audi-q3-f3-1-2_600x600.jpeg
    43260-aps-advance-rueckfahrkamera-fuer-audi-q3-f3-1-2_600x600.jpeg
    32.1 KB · Views: 86