Washer system not working :(

Maverick1969x

Reaction score
Hi all
I have a Audi A3 Sportback 2017
Everything works fine with the exception of the washers. I have checked the fuses in the bay and the fuses in the glove box. The wipers work fine but it will not squirt the fluid and I cannot hear the motor whirring either.

Pump gone bad or something else?
TIA
Mav

Last edited:
Bonnet catch switch? If that's broken it might think the bonnets open and won't squirt

Reactions: Maverick1969x
Bonnet catch switch? If that's broken it might think the bonnets open and won't squirt
thanks for the reply

Well the display on the screen says the bonnet is closed. And the wipers will not move when the bonnet is open... so dont think its that.

Had the same issue, turned out to be the relay. Have you checked it?

Reactions: Maverick1969x
No... Where is the relay in the engine compartment or the cabin? and what number is it?

Should be under the steering wheel, and the part no is: 1K0951253A labelled as 460 on the relay.

Should be under the steering wheel, and the part no is: 1K0951253A labelled as 460 on the relay.
OK bought one - will look tomorrow to see where it fits :D must confess that I did not see any relays under the steering wheel. Only in the glove box and the engine bay... mine is the 2.0 A3 Diesel Sportback.

Am I right in saying that the Audi A3 I have is a 8V? 2017 model. The relay should be here today. When you switched it was it easy to get to? pics would be helpful.

I have no idea about the 8V. You posted in the 8P sub mate.