Auto lights vs DRL's

vdt

Reaction score
I hear that you can only have one or the other, and not both, is this true? I currently have Auto lights with Come Home feature, but looking to replace the light switch to the facelift model, and sometime in the future upgrade the headlights to drls.

I don't want to lose the auto light functions when switching drls, what are my options?

Thanks

Both are available together. DRLs can be coded to be on all the time or only when the switch is in the auto position

Headlight switch varied based on the type of central electric module 09 you have fitted

In pre facelift cars you can have a separate drl on off roller dial fitted.

Headlight switches on facelift cars have another wire, so find a non facelift one if yours is an older car ie 279 CE module type as opposed to 063.

In pre facelift cars you can have a separate drl on off roller dial fitted.

Headlight switches on facelift cars have another wire, so find a non facelift one if yours is an older car ie 279 CE module type as opposed to 063.
It seems the version I want is only available for the TT, but still can be retrofitted, is that what you're referring to? 8J2941531E

TT and A3 switches are compatible

Check it has the right fog light icons
Headlight level knob if you have xenons
Coming home switch if you have that
DRL knob if prefacelift with DRLs
Auto position if you have auto headlights

Then make sure it has the same number of connectors. Facelift have an extra 2 pin connector

Reactions: vdt
Headlight level dial isnt there with xenon's as it's auto, it's only with halogens if selected as an option, not all halogens had this.

It seems the version I want is only available for the TT, but still can be retrofitted, is that what you're referring to? 8J2941531E

That's it, for 04-08 & of course you need supporting systems to have all working.

Reactions: vdt
Headlight level dial isnt there with xenon's as it's auto, it's only with halogens if selected as an option, not all halogens had this.
Oops typo from me. Didn't realise it was an option on the 8P either so that's good to know, it's standard fit on the TT