Taillight animation

PaulGTR

Reaction score
Just a quick question.

Does the taillight animation only work at night?

I’ve noticed you front light animation activates sometimes, but more often than not it’s just the indicators flashing. So far, I haven’t seen the rear light animation, and again, it’s just indicators flashing when locking and unlocking.

Is there any logic to it?

Just wondered if there is a way to trigger it, or if there is a way to override it with OBD11 to always activate it?

Just tried mine. Front animates in daylight. Rear does not. Must be a nighttime only thing.

Tried the front a few times and it did it each time.

Someone more knowledgeable will be able to comment on the coding.

Mine does it in daylight. Rear DRL enabled though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How. You. Do. This?

TX.

I enabled the rear DRL with the one click app.

However I’ve reversed it with OBD11 and had a play around tonight with a VCDS alternative.

Will see if it works in the daylight tomorrow

Added a menu to the MMI also

44b8d9494d1f8548d5af8f3caca63419.jpg

Reactions: drgav2005 and Terminator x

However I’ve reversed it with OBD11 and had a play around tonight with a VCDS alternative.

Ooh, I like that.

I see that’s a ‘app’ in OBD11. I think I’ll have a go at enabling that today and see if it makes the animation work in the day.

Thanks everybody for the responses.

DRL’s work from VCDS coding

Animation works once the car is locked and shut down in the daylight

Reactions: Delphi7696, billymc92 and Snake Pliskin

the light animation is very cool :icon thumright:

I had something similar on my TTS where the oled panels light up in a uniformed cascading style...... the novelty did wear off for me anyway....lol
Besides l am still of the mind that the rear lights are too small in comparison to those mahoosive front headlights

Reactions: 8YARWY and Snake Pliskin
I had something similar on my TTS where the oled panels light up in a uniformed cascading style...... the novelty did wear off for me anyway....lol
Besides l am still of the mind that the rear lights are too small in comparison to those mahoosive front headlights

I used to think the front lights were a tad over large but I must say its not something that I think about any more.
I think that because the whole front end is a lot bigger than the 8V it pulls off the larger lights and it balances out that big grille.
The DRL pattern is really distinctive though and I like it a lot. Rears looks really good too - Audi make excellent lights IMO.
I was thinking this morning though what a lift red or grey stitching would give to the interior ... why o why did Audi not offer this in the UK.

Reactions: Jassyo06
I used to think the front lights were a tad over large but I must say its not something that I think about any more.
I think that because the whole front end is a lot bigger than the 8V it pulls off the larger lights and it balances out that big grille.
The DRL pattern is really distinctive though and I like it a lot. Rears looks really good too - Audi make excellent lights IMO.
I was thinking this morning though what a lift red or grey stitching would give to the interior ... why o why did Audi not offer this in the UK.
I agree, the lights have grown (or shrunk) on me, they really suit the front end and overall stance of the car. If anything it's the standard bodied a3s where they look a little oversized.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
I wouldn't say the back lights were that small either - look fairly proportional to me ....

Bbbbb

Reactions: Jassyo06 and kayemill

Interested when I did it on s3 never work.in daylight think sensors stop them

Yeah I saw red stiches in etron rs looks great

Off course im.glad you are that clever ;)

You never disappoint in your replies do you…

If you did more research (which isn’t typical of a Facebook group user) you’d find all the info you ever needed, yet all you do is take, take, take………

Last edited:
Reactions: Jassyo06
You never disappoint in your replies do you…

If you did more research (which isn’t typical of a Facebook group user) you’d find all the info you ever needed, yet all you do is take, take, take………

Haha off course i know you love.them

I did use obdapp - one click

I wouldn't say the back lights were that small either - look fairly proportional to me ....

View attachment 254878
It's not the size of the enclosure l am on about its the illuminated graphic size its very small in comparison to the size of the rear enclosure...not a patch on the 8v fl illumination pattern.....IMHO

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
It's not the size of the enclosure l am on about its the illuminated graphic size its very small in comparison to the size of the rear enclosure...not a patch on the 8v fl illumination pattern.....IMHO

Ahh right gotcha.

How do you enable rear DRLs on the car? Is it called Scandinavian DRLs? And when you activate this. Does it do the animation during the day on the rear lights

How do you enable rear DRLs on the car? Is it called Scandinavian DRLs? And when you activate this. Does it do the animation during the day on the rear lights
Yeah scandi drls turns the rear drls on during the day

Can you please tell us how you managed to activate this via VCDS please? step by step process. Thank you in advance