Multifunction steering wheel conversion from a3 on B7 is it possible?

Black-edition-tdi

Reaction score
Hi all
Dose anyone know if a steaming wheel from an Audi A3 8p with multifunction controls will be compatible with my a4 b7 se

my a4 has cruise control so I thought the module wouldn’t need replacing but fitted the wheel today an the plug from the air bag ring won’t fit the plug on the steering wheel air bag

would the air bag ring from the a3 fit an solve this or do I need to go shopping

pics to follow
the plugs look the same but there’s a little tab to ensure it don’t fit….. (dose any one know if I can just whip them off with the soldering iron

thanks for any reply’s
Rye

Wiring & plug is different, its not pnp & of course it has to have the mf controls 6 pin connector which is part of the airbag loom, they're not all the same.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Multiple factors that come into it. You'll also need software like VCDS to enable it

It isn't as simple as plug and play but it is all possible and fairly easy

e.g. I have RS3 wheel with Multifunction and Cruise Control in my B7

Multiple factors that come into it. You'll also need software like VCDS to enable it

It isn't as simple as plug and play but it is all possible and fairly easy

e.g. I have RS3 wheel with Multifunction and Cruise Control in my B7
Thanks pal I’ve been considering buying vcds where’s best to buy one .
Is there any cheep ones about it’s only for my own but I’m alway messing with something

Wiring & plug is different, its not pnp & of course it has to have the mf controls 6 pin connector which is part of the airbag loom, they're not all the same.
I watched a Video on YouTube with an Audi A3 he said if you have a multifunction steering then you got the right control Module for cruise controls ….(mine already had cruise controls so thought it would be plug an play )