A3 8P Modified Cup Holder(s)

Pagman

Reaction score
I recently moved from a Mk5 golf to an A3 8P 2012. I adore the car and everything about it. However i did not foresee the lack of cuphplders being as much of an issue as it is.

I have been thinking of installing a reversing camera and to do this i likely need to remove the centre console.
Has anyone had any experience with removing the arm rest and maybe even possibly cutting sections out. To add space for cups to sit inside the centre console?

I have access to a 3d printer to make some sort of insert to hold the cup

No need to remove the center console for camera, however you should look up the US console cupholder mod, that should poke your interest.

No need to remove the center console for camera, however you should look up the US console cupholder mod, that should poke your interest.
I had seen the US console mod, i just could not find a US centre console anywhere. And this seemed the next best and also cheapest way of doing it. As the arm rest is incredibly annoying and im going to remove it any way

Where would you route a reversing camera cable btw?

I've looked at this also. Apparently my car doesn't have the capability to just pull that slot out. It is all interconnected.

Plus i can foresee breaking/going over a bump and spilling a drink and destroying my headunit
Ah okay, then I recommend this method, as others have mentioned.

I've fitted the US midconsole in my A3 8P back in the dayssss, that fat Americans have a better looking and functioning midconsole, they need to reach to their soda's fast lol... And next to that better placement of AUX and 12V

Part number: 8P1 863 241 6PS

photo-2020-02-22-19-55-15.jpg

photo-2020-02-22-19-47-48-2.jpg

Reactions: A32009
I've fitted the US midconsole in my A3 8P back in the dayssss, that fat Americans have a better looking and functioning midconsole, they need to reach to their soda's fast lol... And next to that better placement of AUX and 12V

Part number: 8P1 863 241 6PS

photo-2020-02-22-19-55-15.jpg

photo-2020-02-22-19-47-48-2.jpg
That looks really good. Ive seen it for 300 dollars, plus shipping which will be from america i assume

Where did you find yours?

That looks really good. Ive seen it for 300 dollars, plus shipping which will be from america i assume

Where did you find yours?

Im Dutch and live near a scrapyard, they have lots of US cars aswell. They also ship worldwide, costs met about 60euro at the time.

Bm-parts.nl

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk