Windscreen Replacement - TSR Question

DyslexicDog

Reaction score
I have my A4 B9 in for a windscreen replacement due to a stone chip/crack. The camera requires calibration post fitment. This will be down by National Windcreens.

My question is relating to the TSR feature I coded and flashed onto the camera. My thoughts are that this calibration should not cause me an issue, but I wanted to check with the experts or those more experienced on whether I may come up against an issue.

• Will the calibration wipe the TSR feature?
  • Will the computer system pick up the fact the software is different and refuse to calibrate?
  • Anything I should be concerned about?
I have since sold my VCP system, so anything other than "it'll be alright" will be a pain.

Thanks in advance.

Unless there's a checksum error so to speak, I dont see any reason for this to be an issue.

Reactions: DyslexicDog
By checksum, I assume you’re referring to one that would be flagged by the car for the software I flashed on the camera not being original i.e modified.

I suspect they’d be using ODIS for calibration if that makes any difference?

Have you seen anything like this before?

People that flash cheap nav data files end up with errors on there units, if you have zero errors you should be fine.

Only question is, if odis, will it speak to germany & ask if you should have tsr & of it says no, will it automatically disable or ignore the conflict, that's a suck it & see situation unfortunately.

Reactions: DyslexicDog
People that flash cheap nav data files end up with errors on there units, if you have zero errors you should be fine.

Only question is, if odis, will it speak to germany & ask if you should have tsr & of it says no, will it automatically disable or ignore the conflict, that's a suck it & see situation unfortunately.
No errors now. I have original maps from the factory.

I'll suck it and see. So long as the calibration isn't flashfile specific I should be fine.

It's not like I can't get VCP or find a local service to redo the work, it's just an iritation.