Rear tail light retrofit A3

Chell85

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I've just taken off my standard led rear light clusters and installed the newer style dynamic ones that will eventually have the sweeping mode for the indicators, I purchased a ready made cable/loom but was wondering how easy this would all be to recode in the car for it to all work as sweeping, I have a vcds Ross tech cable.
Any help would be appreciated, I have not yet plugged the vcds cable into my car .. this is a job yet to do but I wanted to wait so I could do everything together .. I have installed an auto dimming rearview mirror, power folding mirrors and dynamic sweep indicator in those new mirrors, again need to do all the coding for the new work that has been done in the vehicle, I have done all this with my brother but he does not understand the coding side of things and doesn't want to damage my car with trying to look at.
Kind regards
Chell
You can email me any thoughts too
chell14303@gmail.com

theres a video on Youtube that goes through the conversaion from shopdap.com (saloon model but not sure if that makes a difference?)

Reactions: Chell85
theres a video on Youtube that goes through the conversaion from shopdap.com (saloon model but not sure if that makes a difference?)
Thanks @Mick3 I've seen many videos on you tube and other site or talks in Audi retrofit but it's the coding part I don't understand. I've done all the work as stated in my original thread but nothing is working yet as I haven't coded any of it yet.
I also fitted an auto light switch for leaving/coming home lights but again still haven't managed to pluck up the courage and plug the vcds Ross tech cable I bought from gendan UK
Regards Chell

Thanks @Mick3 I've seen many videos on you tube and other site or talks in Audi retrofit but it's the coding part I don't understand. I've done all the work as stated in my original thread but nothing is working yet as I haven't coded any of it yet.
I also fitted an auto light switch for leaving/coming home lights but again still haven't managed to pluck up the courage and plug the vcds Ross tech cable I bought from gendan UK
Regards Chell
I'm no expert coder sorry but this is the video I was referring to, it gives you tail light coding via obd11 & vcds
Not sure if you've seen this particular video already but hope it helps

Reactions: Chell85
I'm no expert coder sorry but this is the video I was referring to, it gives you tail light coding via obd11 & vcds
Not sure if you've seen this particular video already but hope it helps

Yeah I've watched that . It wasn't much help if I'm honest
Chell