HELP! A3 2009 black edition non starter after accident

Black-edition-tdi

Reaction score
Recently purchased a front end damaged nightmare!! Audi A3 black edition.. it has (no ignition light an no cranking over)

I’ve checked this relay when the ignition is on an it dose make contact as it should, to check I removed the plastic cover an watched it work. the relay marked 100 or number 1 on the diagram on the picture below

1454944B E606 43F9 BAC0 C37E397F2322
527D12F4 5709 4739 9700 FFBF526786E3

Also on this 2009 the number 9 relay in the pic below is missing on mine (no wires behind the plug/blank)

dose anyone know if this relay is elsewhere on a 2009

I’m not sure if I’ve bough a car that’s been an insurance job due to this problem or if there’s a crash data reset that will get it up an running again.

If anyone has any ideas of checks I can do or someone close to wf9 area that can reset the crash data resetting who can quote me…I do have a kit that resets the airbags but my kit won’t communicate as I don’t have any ignition at all.
3FDC1BB2 E62A 4E79 8E48 5BADFF0D2E6D

I'm not 100% sure on Audi but other brands have cut off switches/solenoids/mechanical breakers that isolate fuel and electrical power in the event of a frontal impact.

I would work on it but guess you're looking for the economical route.

If no dash lights its not airbag related.

I'm not 100% sure on Audi but other brands have cut off switches/solenoids/mechanical breakers that isolate fuel and electrical power in the event of a frontal impact.
I’ve rang audi dealership an they have no part listed for any type of crash sensor on the Audi A3 8p so I’m guessing they have one that needs wiping off the ecu.

i seen a similar problem on an s3 but I’m 90% sure that I seen the hazard light blinking on the clocks still, my clocks are completely dead not even the back light.

thanks Rye

I would work on it but guess you're looking for the economical route.

If no dash lights its not airbag related.
I deal with the accidents repair side everyday an I’ve got half a clue with electrics but this one got the better of my knowledge my snap-on machine won’t read anything either as the ignition is off.

Where you based an what’s your rates

i had the same problem with a 2008 golf an it was the relay that is blank on this a3 but other than that it was an identical set up.

just a thought this car went into Audi for the central locking on 2 doors an I’ve read that if the control module for the central locking is a dud it can make theses a non starter but I don’t know how true that is but if that’s the case then this car must have been an insurance job

many thanks Rye

Could the ecu be bricked??

I have 3 other ecu’s all same part number but with a different 2 letters at the end I’m not planning on using any of them but would plugging one in do any harm.
(just wanting to see if I get the ignition lights so I can go buy the correct one I would need is LS)
27227009 3A0B 4CD2 8639 F8173136D898

When Turning the key Electric power steering /Fule pump/radio all activate but no ignition lights an no communication with diagnostics

I wouldn't plug in any ecu that matched to that engine, pinouts maybe different & may damage other parts.

So how do you know power steering is ok if car isnt starting, do you mean the cluster lights go out normally?

So you have no response with vcds in diag port?

Would be callout plus hours, discussed via WhatsApp 07974994143.

UPDATE! CAR FIXED!

Common problem on the 8p
one of the little wires in the loom upside of the battery was corroded!! no damage at all (visually perfect!!!)…but felt weak when i was pulling every single wire in that area to side one by one, Gave it a little tug an it stretched an snapped.

I did check this area first an everything seamed ok, as I read about similar problems on the forums.

checked absolutely everything possible on this one an was just about to give up an pay someone to sort it an write-off the 24hours of my life I spent on it

Reactions: abmat and ahtcap