Ac clicking noise

LightRobin

Reaction score
Hi, I purchased a used Audi A3 8v sline yesterday and it makes a click noise every time you turn the AC on, and then periodically it clicks at random, (not continuous) I've found that I can stop it clicking at random by Turing off auto recirculation control in mmi, it still clicks however when turning off/on the ac, see video linked below.

Sounds like a motor, cog, flap issue, stuck or breaking.

Need to get in the dash to find which.

Sounds like a motor, cog, flap issue, stuck or breaking.

Need to get in the dash to find which.
anything in particular id be looking for in the dash?, be a shame to take the thing apart and not know where to go from there. also the sound is coming from passenger side (RHD car) from behind the glovebox

So I found the culprit but I have no clue how to take it out to fix, it's behind the fuse box which I can't manage to remove (I've removed 3 bolts and can't find anymore), I've also tried going from underneath and removing the blower fan but no luck, anyone know how to get this flap motor out? Motor is on the left (green)
IMG 20220304 144625

So I found the culprit but I have no clue how to take it out to fix, it's behind the fuse box which I can't manage to remove (I've removed 3 bolts and can't find anymore), I've also tried going from underneath and removing the blower fan but no luck, anyone know how to get this flap motor out? Motor is on the left (green)View attachment 250707
Alright LightRobin?

Did you ever work this one out? Have the exact same problem and can't get at the motor!

Cheers,

Rob