Audi A3 2.0tdi, Power restricted at higher speed.

Jokpolka

Reaction score
Hello,

Brough a used a3 2006, 2.0tdi with 100k miles.
When driving all is normal at lower speeda. When i reach a higher speed of aroun 80ish mph the car cuts power, only allows me to accelerate to a point even if i put my foot all the way down only allows a small amount of power at forst the EML came on too.

Upon reading on several forums i found that the common issue is with the turbo, so i brought a reconditioned unit and got it fitted. Worked fine for a day, on my way home today happened again but this time no EML just power loss, once i restart engine back to normal until i reach a higher speed again.

Any other knows cause as i know the previous turbo had some damage as it was not turning as it should, yet the issue still persists. Please help! I don't want to pump any more money then I need to at this point.

Hi, did You do a fault scan before You replaced a turbo and after?

Audi A4 B9 3.0 TDi quattro 200 kw

Reactions: NHN
Mine has a similar problem, if i stick at any soeed for a while at random it has a lack of power wont go any faster turn it off then on and it works fine, i changed the maf but still doing it, last time it did it no fault codes came up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk