Bad O2 Sensor?

kgashane

Reaction score
Hi guys. S3 8P is slightly jerky when accelerating from stop. No error/fault codes displayed. Scan tool emission tests suggests "O2 sensor heater failed". I understand there is 2 O2 sensors. Which one could be failing and causing these issues? Not very tech inlcined. Adive would be appreciated

If there's no fault codes, what pointed you to the 02 sensors, there will be a pre & post sensor, without an error it's hard to know which may cause issues.

Could be other things too?

If there's no fault codes, what pointed you to the 02 sensors, there will be a pre & post sensor, without an error it's hard to know which may cause issues.

Could be other things too?
Thanks for the reply. The mobile obd 11 scanner shows not fault codes under DTC, but shows that an O2 sensor heater failed. Please see attached pic
A40AECA0 12EB 44E8 B3F5 9EFB888DB6C3

Hi guys. S3 8P is slightly jerky when accelerating from stop. No error/fault codes displayed. Scan tool emission tests suggests "O2 sensor heater failed". I understand there is 2 O2 sensors. Which one could be failing and causing these issues? Not very tech inlcined. Adive would be appreciated
Some additional info: I had new coils, new plugs, new fuel pump (in tank), cleaned MAF sensor, new air filter, new fuel filter, cleaned injectors, carbon cleaned the intake valves

It would appear that the problem is the MAF sensor. When i disconnect the MAF sensor, the car runs better; and the problem (jerky when taking off) resurfaces when i reconnect the MAF sensor. The strange thing is that there is no engine light or any thing of that sort. The scan tool does not pick up anything wrong with the MAF sensor either. When i test the MAF sensor on the scan tool under "live data", it shows a flow rate of about 2.8g/sec at idle (just below 1000 rpm), and it responds by showing an increase in air flow when i open throttle.

I will clean the MAF sensor and give an update.