BOV

Pally04

Reaction score
20220128 174330

Evening all,

Not sure what I did there, newby to forum. Just picked up a 2008 S3 8P stage 1 remap. Been sorting a few bits since bought it just for piece of mind, the general common faults etc.

Now my question is, can I do a straight swap out of this stupid loud horrible BOV for a Recirculation Valve or DV?

Hate the noise of the BOV and want something more subtle.

Thanks

This BOV functions due to vacuum and the original re circulation valve works via electronics. You need to search for the electrical connection which is hopefully still in the engine bay near the BOV location. All the original pipework needs to be reinstalled and that blue boost hose capped off. From the photo I cannot see how this BOV is plumbed in. If successful in sorting all this out the best OE valve has a part number ending in G and so is known as a “Rev G” in the TFSI tuning community. This valve has a rubber diaphragm in and so cannot leak boost but long term the rubber can split and so will need changing. To put this into perspective I replaced one of these as I was under our TT and the valve had done 60,000 miles. Still OK but replaced for peace of mind. Here is a link to the Rev G valve:

This BOV functions due to vacuum and the original re circulation valve works via electronics. You need to search for the electrical connection which is hopefully still in the engine bay near the BOV location. All the original pipework needs to be reinstalled and that blue boost hose capped off. From the photo I cannot see how this BOV is plumbed in. If successful in sorting all this out the best OE valve has a part number ending in G and so is known as a “Rev G” in the TFSI tuning community. This valve has a rubber diaphragm in and so cannot leak boost but long term the rubber can split and so will need changing. To put this into perspective I replaced one of these as I was under our TT and the valve had done 60,000 miles. Still OK but replaced for peace of mind. Here is a link to the Rev G valve:

That awesome thanks for your help, and pretty much as I suspected in altering all the pipework. Would a forge BOV/recirculation valve still need all pipework altering or would that be a more simple swap?

That awesome thanks for your help, and pretty much as I suspected in altering all the pipework. Would a forge BOV/recirculation valve still need all pipework altering or would that be a more simple swap?
If you are wanting to avoid the noises you need a recirculating valve rather than a BOV.
Without seeing more photos of how your valve is plumbed in we cannot tell you about the pipework.
Did you find the unplugged connector that will have been used originally?