Audi A3 8P1 2009 1.9Tdi accessory fuse location help needed, please

sheffieldyorky

Reaction score

Hi there people
32.png

I was wondering if you can point me in the right direction for my problem, please.
I am installing a dashcam with a rear-facing camera, I have a hardwire unit that will allow me to operate the dash cam with the ignition off, so if something happens to my car while I'm away I have a record of it.
The reason for the dashcam is I do not want to drain the battery, although I don't believe the current usage will be that much.
So can you tell me where I can find the accessory fuse, I really don't fancy taking off the steering wheel and steering wheel column cover just to get to the accessory terminal on the ignition switch?
I look forward to your response.
Kind regards
Tony

Right side of dash, use a meter of course, I always tend to fit a new fusepoint, I wouldn't tape an existing as they're rated for the connected systems.

If you want the dashcam to operate while you are away from the vehicle you will need a permanent live feed, therefore tagging onto the accessory position of the ignition won't be of any use unless you leave the key in the ignition.......

He may have parking mode, that uses ignition switched & permanent live, to operate according to the relevant cam & settings, thinkware for example has a low power motion detection parking mode, amongst others, but also allot of other cam manufacturers have adopted this method also.

Sorry people
1) I have a hardwire unit that will allow me to operate the dash cam with the ignition off

2) So can you tell me where I can find the accessory fuse,

It looks like my threaded starter has got people confused
So lines 1 & 2 are what I'm trying to get across
Kind regards
Tony

Sorry people
1) I have a hardwire unit that will allow me to operate the dash cam with the ignition off

2) So can you tell me where I can find the accessory fuse,

It looks like my threaded starter has got people confused
So lines 1 & 2 are what I'm trying to get across
Kind regards
Tony
Not confused at all, most hardwire feature dashcams use 2 supplies, ignition switched & permanent, these solutions use a low power parking mode as a constant, not fully live unit. Does your hardwire cable have 3 wires, 1 accessory aka switches ignition, 1 permanent & 1 ground, if so, then its as I've advised.

Take side of dash cover of & find a spare fuse slot, using a meter to check which is ignition switched & which is permanent, usually fuses 1-11 are ignition & some further down, I wouldn't use a utilised fuse, use unused.

Hi there
Many thanks for contributing to my thread.
That said please find some attachments that may be useful.
If you require further details please ask
Tony

Attachments

• FUSES.jpg
    FUSES.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 70
  • HW KIT.jpg
    HW KIT.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 70
  • HW WIRES.jpg
    HW WIRES.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 53
  • NEW PLUG.jpg
    NEW PLUG.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 59
Its as I said, so grab a meter to find 2 points to connect too.

Not when ignition is off they're not, fuses 1-6 on low line cars & 1-11 on highline cars are ignition switched.

As you can see by the jpegs
Three wires
Black / GND (ground) I will attach it to the bolt just out of the picture
Red / ACC = (accessory I think)
Yellow / B+2103 ? ? ? ?

Where do I fit Black & Yellow?