MMI water damage

alonzofernandes

Reaction score
Well I spilled coffee on my MMI control buttons. It worked fine for couple of days and now today it just shut off on me and it would not turn on and the screen is stuck up. I checked the fuses, all the fuses are fine.

What else should I do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strip the unit down, see if its fried the board, it may need a clean, but be prepared to replace it.

Reactions: alonzofernandes
You have any instructions or any videos on how to go about loosing the center panel down?

Best to google video or written guides tbh.

bd99839b3f2e1e81678b99800883c8b4.jpg

bcc9e91913eb657c72424bc532ae0f0b.jpg

So the board looks okay…

You've already gone the fuse-checking route, which is smart. But if that didn't do the trick, it might be time to call in the big guns. I had a similar ordeal with water damage in my car's electronics a while back, and let me tell you, it's a headache.After exhausting all DIY options, I decided to bite the bullet and enlist the help of professionals. That's when I stumbled upon San Diego mold remediation. They're not just about mold; turns out they're pretty handy with water damage, too.Their team swooped in like superheroes and worked their magic on my car's electronics. I was seriously impressed with their expertise and attention to detail. If anyone can get your MMI back in action, it's them.