Side assist retrofit

CK87

Reaction score
Hi all!

currently im preparing a retrofit of side assist for my pre-facelift a3. Luckily the mirrors already have the side assist LED indicator plug (electric foldable).

first i want to ask if anyone has some kind of manual/guide in wiring this system since it’s really hard to find one.

but the most difficult matter is the following.

1:
as fas as I know, two wires needs to be connected in the T20a connector that is attached to the gateway J533.
in this case of side assist i need to
Since its nearly impossible to reach this gateway without breaking your car in 10 parts, i was looking in alternatives to connect.
I’ve read that i can make use of the extended canbus connections to connect these wires. Ive attached an image. Which plug should I use and in which pin terminals?

2. There should also be a +wire that needs to be connevted to fuse sc32. I have park sensors (back, not front) and i believe sc32 should already be occupied. Is there an alternative or it tapping into the existing fuse wire the only thing possible?

I really hope i could get some help/information to achieve this retrofit project.

thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 21D2DEDA-84D8-4518-B64C-D5AEB0A19EB2.jpeg
    21D2DEDA-84D8-4518-B64C-D5AEB0A19EB2.jpeg
    282.1 KB · Views: 184
I know you asked me this question on another thread but its been that long since I did it and haven't owned the car for a good while I can't remember the connection.
I bought the kufatec loom which comes with instructions albeit for the l/h drive model but I also only had the connector in one mirror.
The wiring didn't go through the door modules at all using the kufatec instructions so didn't use that connection

I think you'll find the cables in the mirror are for dimming mirror glass and the plug is the same . They will be pinned to the door connector oem pin numbers for for mirror glass. However you can use these for the side assist led . I have

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Mate, you need ElsaWin, PM me, I'll send you a link to download the whole suite ;)

having a question.
just installed the radars and wiring. I can reach the modules from the gateway with OBD eleven too. Also activated the menu in MMI.
Now the only things is, when i turn on the car, there is a side assist-error.
DTC:

- Lange change assistance warning lamp in pass side ext mirror: open circuit/short circuit to B+
- Lane change assistance warning lamp in drive side ext mirror: open circuit/short circuit to B+

it makes me think i structurally interchanged wire 1 and 2 fron the LED's. Does that sound logical according to these specific DTC's?

Quite possibly, I think the leds only work wired a specific way around as I did get that error wires the wrong way. Did you wire them direct and not through the door modules?

Quite possibly, I think the leds only work wired a specific way around as I did get that error wires the wrong way. Did you wire them direct and not through the door modules?
I did wire then directly from led to door disconnector as it should be accordig to the diagrams. they dont go through the door modules.
Lets hope it is indeed the interchange of the two wires that caused the problems

Fingers crossed, I had the same error on one side before I swapped the wires round

Fingers crossed, I had the same error on one side before I swapped the wires round
seriously? that gives me hope. lots of hope.. i will do it tomorrow , too dark outside now hehe

Reactions: henkkeumus
yes! it was indeed changing the connectors between left and right! Thanks everyone!