Ap suspension kit???

S3baddaman

Reaction score
Hi everyone looking for some help here.
I got a 2011 Audi A3 sportback 2.0ltr 140 I use to his car as a daily to run kids to school and want to lower it to give it a good stance. I want to avoid coilovers as I have coilovers on my s3 and the ride would be to hard to hard to fairy kids around. So was looking at lowering spring with shocks. My car is the alone model and think it already has the hnr springs on but doesn't seem to sitting low at all. I'm looking at this kit with springs and matching shocks . My question is will this give a lower look to the car to wear there is not so much gap in the arches ?
Screenshot 2022 01 03 16 47 40 70 40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12

Sorry guys some major spelling mistakes in my post lol. It's a sline model

How much is that kit and is that front only or all round?

I can't vouch for that specific kit but I've got this coilover kit by AP on my S3:

There is an equivalent kit for your A3 2WD which is this:

Dunno what your budget is like but you should be able to get these fitted at a decent garage for around £200-300. Awesome GTI will fit that kit for £199 Inc vat if you buy it from them which includes all tracking, wheel alignment and suspension geometry, if you're driving distance to Manchester that is.

I had the H&R springs with standard shocks before this kit and the AP coilovers are miles better. I'd always said I'd avoid coilovers as I daily the car and ferry my son around and didn't want anything harsh. But that AP coilover kit isn't. It's firm sure but not harsh and I think it's smooth really, much better than stock or the H&R springs which was jiggly and crashy at times. I used to catch the front lip often over speedbumps also and some high kerbs but almost never happens with the AP coilovers.
Height is adjustable on them too and mine is at a 25-30mm drop all round and the wheels fill the arches nicely. It looks lowered but not slammed, I get no scraping at all and the handling for fast road use is excellent over stock. For yours I'd probably go for around 45-50mm drop as it's higher than the S3 by default, that kit will go from 35-65mm drop.

How much is that kit and is that front only or all round?

I can't vouch for that specific kit but I've got this coilover kit by AP on my S3:

There is an equivalent kit for your A3 2WD which is this:

Dunno what your budget is like but you should be able to get these fitted at a decent garage for around £200-300. Awesome GTI will fit that kit for £199 Inc vat if you buy it from them which includes all tracking, wheel alignment and suspension geometry, if you're driving distance to Manchester that is.

I had the H&R springs with standard shocks before this kit and the AP coilovers are miles better. I'd always said I'd avoid coilovers as I daily the car and ferry my son around and didn't want anything harsh. But that AP coilover kit isn't. It's firm sure but not harsh and I think it's smooth really, much better than stock or the H&R springs which was jiggly and crashy at times. I used to catch the front lip often over speedbumps also and some high kerbs but almost never happens with the AP coilovers.
Height is adjustable on them too and mine is at a 25-30mm drop all round and the wheels fill the arches nicely. It looks lowered but not slammed, I get no scraping at all and the handling for fast road use is excellent over stock. For yours I'd probably go for around 45-50mm drop as it's higher than the S3 by default, that kit will go from 35-65mm drop.
Thank you for a great reply. My only problem is budget. As this is a daily that constantly gets abused by the kids and not being my pride and joy. But still nice enough for me to want to do some things to it to make it my own. £700+ all in for them coilovers is more than I would want to spend. £300+ is as much as I want to spend on getting that coilover stance. Would the cheaper brand stance+ be good alternative ?????
Screenshot 2022 01 04 05 03 20 25 40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12

Don't get budget coilovers if you're concerned about having a decent ride.

The AP kit is a good option and gives a good ride quality. With you having the S-line model you'll see around a 15-20mm further lowering on top of what you already have.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Absolutely, the AP kits are very good for the price as they are made by KW who are a market leader. I wouldn't go for anything cheaper than AP kits or you'll end up with poor ride.