More 8L S3 content from Volkswizard

Good video this, his one from last year with the MTM S3 is also well worth a watch.

Not sure I agree on the stage 1 figures he talks of but even so, makes for a good watch.

Yeah, I liked it too. Hopefully he’ll do some more vids on it as the scirocco he bought a couple of years ago just kind of disappeared!

Also, I thought the only blacks on the S3 were brilliant black (solid) and Ebony black (metallic). Never heard of phantom black before. Obvs it could be “Audi Exclusive” but he doesn’t go into any more detail about the colour, so it’s probably a small mistake?

Nice unabused example though.

Last edited:
Reactions: jojo and MPH
Good video this, his one from last year with the MTM S3 is also well worth a watch.

Not sure I agree on the stage 1 figures he talks of but even so, makes for a good watch.
You have to wind back to the days of optimistic quoted figures from AmD Bicester, we are obviously more knowledgeable now. But Andrew is an honest guy, and he is just quoting figures he has from his paperwork.
Having said that, my own original Black S3 made 275bhp on Rtech’s rollers running an ancient AmD stage1 remap, an original Badger5 3” TIP(it made 265bhp on Bill’s rollers with the stock exhaust and cats in place), and a decat pipe.
So AmD did offer a very good tune in my opinion, I still have the RR printout for the optimistic 272bhp after getting just a stage1 from my totally stock engine.

Reactions: NHN and Ian W
Yeah, I liked it too. Hopefully he’ll do some more vids on it as the scirocco he bought a couple of years ago just kind of disappeared!

Also, I thought the only blacks on the S3 were brilliant black (solid) and Ebony black (metallic). Never heard of phantom black before. Obvs it could be “Audi Exclusive” but he doesn’t go into any more detail about the colour, so it’s probably a small mistake?

Nice unabused example though.
I was curious about him quoting Phantom Black also, maybe I should seek clarification in the your comments? Lol

I’m sure he still has the Scirocco in the background somewhere waiting for a resto.