New(ish) 40 TFSI e weirdness

ColCol

Reaction score
I collected a 2021 40 TFSI e yesterday. On the drive home and once home i've discovered a list of weirdness. Dealer is a fair distance away so can't just throw it back to them but wondered if anyone had any smart ideas, it drives fine just weirdness:
1) Apple Carplay either via BT or via wired connection. Phones will connect on BT but don't prompt for Carplay, these work in other vehicles for Carplay but that option never appears.
2) Cruise control when enabled only permits LIM setting and not actual setting of cruise function, no way to move it from LIM via button on stalk, display only ever shows LIM and never the clock shaped icon for the cruise setting.
3) Drive Select does nothing, no opportunity to change drive setting and shows as inactive in the display
4) Note hangs on startup for > 2 hours, fixed with factory reset and using Guest setting as adding a User sends it back into same black hole.
5) Radio setting only has FM, no DAB or AM option.
6) myAudi as I am not in possession of the 10 digit code to make this work as yet - dealer has promised to send me it.

I'm minded given they promised me some sort of resolution or a plan today, if they don't they can have it back !

CarPlay should start after the system initialises. I always use wireless as I have wireless charging.

can’t comment on limiter as I never use it. Are you pressing the button on top of the stalk or at the end?

lack of DAB. Have you tried changing the source? If you have and it’s not showing, plus the lack of drive select I’d take it back and ask them to investigate. Did you buy from main dealer? Did you test drive before buying and test all these items out? Appreciate all things can’t be tried, just looking to rule out and work that may have messed things up.

Yeah its a main dealer, 2021 ex demo. I didn't try everything before i drove away. I've got a local dealer who might need to be roped in to look at it then.

Just edited. Are you pressing the button on top of the stalk or at the end?

Just edited. Are you pressing the button on top of the stalk or at the end?
If you pull stalk towards you to turn system on it shows LIM on display, pushing button on top should toggle it back to cruise which it doesn't. It's stuck on LIM. You can set limits and increase/decrease but never get it back to the Cruise setting aka actually using the cruise control. There's definitely something not right with it.

Definitely something not right with a few things, I’d take it back to the dealer under warranty.

I'm fairly sure I saw somewhere then when updates were done people lost the Drive Select and other issues

Not good enough that this wasn't checked by the dealer imho

Reactions: abmat
I'm fairly sure I saw somewhere then when updates were done people lost the Drive Select and other issues

Not good enough that this wasn't checked by the dealer imho
It feels like it's been reset or updated and something has gone astray. No maps either or Nav, says license hasn't been activated. As you say not good enough when you hand over a car, and literally with no handover although I rashly assumed it would all work !

Back to audi, I suspect updates will fix these issues, but thats poor tbh & kinda symptomatic of audis new range of models, tech issues plague them

It feels like it's been reset or updated and something has gone astray. No maps either or Nav, says license hasn't been activated. As you say not good enough when you hand over a car, and literally with no handover although I rashly assumed it would all work !
No Sat Nav is a definite issue after update because it returns the car to transport mode like when it's delivered (lots of things are restricted until PDI is done and taken out of transport mode) and a further update/reset is required which will probably sort your issues - Dealers are aware of this my mate is a Mastertech

I've got an Audi main dealer a couple of miles away, just not the one i bought this as they had nothing but hopefully it can go in there to be rebooted !

I've got an Audi main dealer a couple of miles away, just not the one i bought this as they had nothing but hopefully it can go in there to be rebooted !
Well effectively it's warranty although if the original dealer did the updates but not this and got paid, your local dealer might be a bit funny about it, but not your problem they can take it up with the other dealer

Don't see why you should drive 4 hours when it's not your fault

You can goto any dealer, its irrelevant.

Update: Supplying dealer couldn't be less interested. Suggested I take it to another dealer but weren't prepared to try and organise that or help in any way. Earliest i can get it in is Jan 12th so that is what it will have to be. Pondered ringing Audi Assist....

Update: Supplying dealer couldn't be less interested. Suggested I take it to another dealer but weren't prepared to try and organise that or help in any way. Earliest i can get it in is Jan 12th so that is what it will have to be. Pondered ringing Audi Assist....
That's terrible especially as you only just purchased the vehicle from them and I'm fairly sure it will be that they didn't complete the software updates correctly which is why you are getting the issues

I'd ask to speak to the dealer principal

As above. I’d bypass the monkeys and speak to the organ grinder. Namely Audi uk.