8v s3 rear diff (suppliers)

ShEp1.8t

Reaction score
Got the dreaded diff rumble from my s3. Despite it having a full main dealer history and extra oil changes, in just over 60k miles it's knackered ☹️

Trying to source a replacement at the moment, car is an s-tronic 2014 car. Is there any reputable breakers, or suppliers of recon rear diffs? I was if the understanding nobody reconditioned then due to their complexity but I may be wrong.

Also the pump and controller are working fine, so would I be able to purchase a golf r one and move my ancillaries over? Golf R's must get crashed more as there's more of them available

Any help or advice is much appreciated, I've had most of the common and some not so common problems with this car...

New ones are ridiculous money, otherwise its a second hand low mileage from a breakers.

Sorry to hear about the common problems though. My last A3 had every common fault go wrong and more, so annoying and expensive. Over a two year period it was like in the garage pretty much every month with something, but it did give me some trouble free motoring eventually.

Reactions: ShEp1.8t
Does anyone know of any reputable breakers on the Audi scene?

There was a huge post about the rear diff on here somewhere. It mentions the different revisions and places to get them.
can’t remember who posted it but it was relatively thorough.

Reactions: ShEp1.8t
Will have a hint when I'm back home on the laptop. Thank you

Still no joy as yet.

Cars off the road not getting used at the moment, luxury of having 2 cars and a van.

Seems a nightmare to get a second hand diff, been quoted 1400+vat exchange for my one and only local breakers.

Most.other won't post because I'm up the north of Scotland (just north of Inverness)

One Audi breaker down south was keen to send one which and no pump or control unit (which I don't need anyway) but they ended up ghosting me.

Seems to be rather a lot on ebay from the Bradford area, I'd assume these are a bit warm? I'd still buy one to be fair but again, most sellers want pick up only or don't reply.