Audi s3 8p rattle noise?

Aidris

Reaction score
Hey, new guy here.
I bought audi s3 8p sportback 2008 model. Manual gearbox with 280k km. 195kW.

I have the rattling, shaking sound of engine when I let go of gas. Only when idle. Only at 1k rpm.
Let's say I rev the engine to 3k rpm and just let go of gas. When rpm comes back to idle, at 1k to 1.2k rpm it rattles, shakes hard. Any ideas where I should look? Local services just advice to volume up the radio..

Reactions: Lewisp22
Sounds like mine was recently, changed the dog bone mount now it's fine

Just to clarify: clutch has no effect in it. When idle runs like it should. Only rattles as mentioned above. That's right?

This is gonna sound silly but check that the air intake near the bonnet catch is secure. I’ve had a few low rpm rattles from these in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is gonna sound silly but check that the air intake near the bonnet catch is secure. I’ve had a few low rpm rattles from these in the past.

Must notice that even rpm needle on instrument cluster also rattles down with the sound (have to take a very close look). Feels like bad mixture in cylinders.
Everything's so confusing. But the problem is so visible and easy to hear, even my dog knows somethings wrong.

Must notice that even rpm needle on instrument cluster also rattles down with the sound (have to take a very close look). Feels like bad mixture in cylinders.
Everything's so confusing. But the problem is so visible and easy to hear, even my dog knows somethings wrong.

Hi so just to clarify the rattle is coming from the engine bay or inside the car?

Hi so just to clarify the rattle is coming from the engine bay or inside the car?

Surprisingly not at all. You can hear it inside most definetely. But even more louder is near left tyre where transmission is located I believe

I am having the same issue,
Did you sort the issue?
crank bearings? Gearbox?
would love to know what it was!
cheers