Folding Mirrors - Coding

jamesfoley

Reaction score
I had folding mirrors retrofit to my S3 on purchase at the dealership, which Audi subcontracted out to another company. Everything was working fine on collection and I was happy.

Since then I've been having issues with the gearbox, and as part of Audis diagnostics they've replaced the mechatronics. In doing so they've wiped the coding for the folding mirrors, guessing a software update / reset has put the car back to how it was from the factory, thus I have folding mirrors that no-longer fold on lock, or via the door switch. The option to have them fold on lock is actually still in the MMI, but they just do nothing.

Could I solve this myself using something like OBDeleven, or would I need VCDS?

You can try with vcds, but why haven't you got the dealership to enable them again, its just an option code via gff or the like with odis.

Be aware, I recall an old member had an A1, retrofitted folding mirrors with new modules, went in for some work, they basically disabled the feature on the modules, even though it was coded, it wouldn't work full stop.

They eventually at there cost, fitted new door modules & thus was coded again to work.

So it seemed they had disabled his folding mirrors as it wasnt part of the car spec, either via a bug with the dealer tool or audi germany deciding to disable retrofits not part of the original spec, very bizarre situation.

Good thing for you is, dealer fitted them via 3rd party, do its there responsibility to resolve.

Reactions: JohnM100